This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Now that summer is officially over and and dorm-shopping season is winding down, many incoming freshman students are looking for ways to get involved on campus and make the most out of their college experience!

Be Confident

Source

Trust me, ladies, we know. It’s absolutely normal to be nervous. Moving away from home, getting used to your classes and roommates—it’s a huge thing. However, know that you can do this! Wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and tell yourself that you’re a strong, beautiful woman who can do anything she puts her mind to. Whether it’s making that grade, asking that cute guy out, or applying for that job, you’ve got this!

Be Open

Source

If you think you’re awkward and not good at making new friends—don’t be afraid to take it slow! You‘re not required to be friends with everyone, and building friendships won’t happen overnight. Don’t be too shy to sit next to someone you don’t know in a class and introduce yourself. If it makes you feel any better, everyone is most likely just as nervous as you are! Be your true, authentic self, and those meant to be your pals will gravitate towards you! You can also join clubs or organizations that interest you and gain new life experiences that way.

Be Safe

This especially applies to ladies who’ll be staying in an high traffic area. As you move in, familiarize yourself with security systems set in place by your school and the officers on campus. Read up on any tips they might give students on staying safe after-hours! Better safe than sorry, right?                                                                                                                                                            Source                                                                                    

Overall, college is going to be full of opportunities and experiences!  Be sure to make the most of it! Good luck to my freshman sisters out there!

Destiny Masha is a Public Health major at Georgia State University based in Atlanta. She hopes to incorporate her love of travel, people, fashion, and food into articles anyone and everyone will enjoy and learn from! Her hobbies include long car rides, binge-watching any Netflix series, and hanging with her gal pals! She’s stoked about life and can’t wait to take on the opportunities it may bring. Follow her on Instagram! @destinymasha
The GSU chapter of Her Campus