This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Winter Break is a time where we college students can finally go home and relax with friends and family, away from the pressures of school work and exams. While you’re enjoying some downtime away from campus, here are a few classic Christmas movies to binge watch with your loved ones!

Home Alone

This adventure/comedy released in 1990, is an excellent classic to cuddle up on the couch and watch with a cup of hot cocoa in hand. The exaggerated acting and incredibly laughable storyline makes it a perfect family movie for the season. After watching the first Home Alone, you may want to catch up on the four other movies apart of the series.

Polar Express

Who didn’t want to ride on the Polar Express as a kid? In this cartoon, the true meaning of Christmas and values such as family, friends, and faith are prevalent and is sure to melt hearts no matter how old.

Elf

No, we’re not talking about the makeup brand! In the story, our beloved Will Ferrell is mistakenly taken to the North Pole where he is raised by Santa and his elves, only to return to New York in a pursuit of his “real dad”….in full elf uniform.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Who says Christmas can’t be a little scary? In this almost ridiculous plot, Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloweentown stumbles upon something no one has ever seen before– Christmas.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

In this 2000 adaption of Dr. Seuss’ children’s book, a sad and lonely Grinch decides to invade Whoville (the happiest town if there ever was one), and completely wiped Christmas off the face of the map, but encounters a sweet and kind Cindy Lou who fumbles his plans and forces him to begin to see “The True Meaning of Christmas.” After watching this rendition of the movie, head to the theater to see the newest version of The Grinch!

Over this winter break, it’s important to spend time with family and those you care for the most. Take the time to connect with your loved ones and bond over a movie…or two!

Destiny Masha is a Public Health major at Georgia State University based in Atlanta. She hopes to incorporate her love of travel, people, fashion, and food into articles anyone and everyone will enjoy and learn from! Her hobbies include long car rides, binge-watching any Netflix series, and hanging with her gal pals! She’s stoked about life and can’t wait to take on the opportunities it may bring. Follow her on Instagram! @destinymasha
The GSU chapter of Her Campus