Style > Beauty

Didn’t Get the Fenty Body Lava? Here’s A Hack Until it Restocks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Just to think, when thought that Rihanna could not top herself, she drops another product that makes us want to slay for the gram just because. Honestly, how do you outdo the universal gloss bomb, 40 shades of inclusive foundations, Trophy Wife, and a line of diverse lipsticks and glosses? We know how, you give the girls glitter.

Source

I myself can say that I was jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Queen Ri and all of her flawlessness posted on the gram. We were so ready to give her our coins for her anticipated body lava, while simultaneously saying how dare you snatch us like this? The name itself is worthy of such things because not only is it glistening gold but it literally moves slow and steady like lava. Can we say visually obsessed? I think so because from the looks of it, it’s like my (coveted) gloss bomb, but of course for your body.

Source

But like Fenty fashion, both of the body lava’s coming in the shades “Who Needs Clothes?!”, a shimmery rose gold shade and “Brown Sugar” which is a bronze color are officially sold out on the Fenty site. Tough luck. But of course, when you are a stellar student at YouTube University, you stumble on hacks that will give you the same effect until the Fenty goodness restocks. Check out this DIY dupe that we all might be trying below:

The best part about this DIY project is that you can tailor your colors to really compliment your skin tone. That is not to say that you cannot get this amazing color payoff with Fenty, but you are definitely in more control over the amount of shine and sparkle that you want to radiate. Another plus is that if you ever run out, you can simply pull out those old ingredients and restock right in your home until you get your hands on the Fenty. Beside’s, we all need a good DIY project every now and then and why not let it be about beauty this time around!

Source

For those who got first dibs at the body lava, we know just how excited you have to be! But for those of us who didn’t, be sure to follow @fentybeauty on Instagram for the latest updates on restocking online and in Sephora stores near you. 

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!