jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dating in the City on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Atlanta has been praised for being the “Cosmopolitan City”. As a student in Atlanta, it may become overwhelming when trying to plan the next date with a potential or current boyfriend/girlfriend. Trying to balance classes and relationships can become difficult. Here are 5 tips and ideas to planning a memorable date in Atlanta that will not only impress your date, but save you some money. 

1. The Skyview Ferris Wheel. Groupon has tickets for a date night for two with chocolates for $23. You can also do a family and friends package of four tickets for $36. If that’s not enough, you can purchase an annual pass of unlimited rides for one year for $34. 

2. Movie Night. Have a movie night and check out the recently released Fast and Furious 7. Discounted tickets are available through the ticket booth in the Student Center for AMC and Regal Movie Theaters. If you’d like to make it dinner and a movie, Groupon offers tickets to Studio Movie Grill for only six dollars. 

3. The Georgia Aquarium. Go enjoy the AT&T Dolphin Tales Show or the animated Deepo’s Undersea 3D Wondershow. Discounted tickets are available through the ticket booth in the Student Center. You can purchase a ticket for $28.95, compared to the on-site price of $35.95.

4. Six Flags Over Georgia. Discounted tickets are available through the ticket booth in the Student Center. You can purchase a one-day pass for $38.15, compared to the on-site price of $63.59, or you can come out to GSU Night at Six Flags on April 24th from 6 p.m.-12 a.m.! Georgia State student tickets are $15 and faculty, stage, and guest tickets are $25. Come out to experience “Batman – The Ride Backwards” before it is too late!

5. Sips N Strokes. Bring your date out on Wednesday, April 22nd to Dahlberg Hall and enjoy a night of painting. There will be too sessions from 6 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. Tickets are five dollars for Georgia State students with an ID and ten dollars for guests. 

We hope these tips and ideas will help you in planning the perfect date in Atlanta! 

Journalism Major at Georgia State University
The GSU chapter of Her Campus