This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name:  Cody Stapleton

Age: 21

Hometown: Fayetteville, Ga

Relationship Status: Single

Class: “Senior, Turn up!

Major: Actuarial Science

Instagram: @HooliganCody

How would your friends describe your personality?

“They would say I’m really genuine.  I’m really caring. I care about others. I put other people’s well being in front of my own and sometimes it’s not good for me. I’m also very strong- willed. When I set my mind to something, nothing can stop me. “

What do you look for in a significant other?

“The first thing is good conversation. Good conversation is something that automatically would attract me to them because it is something that a lot of people don’t have anymore. Also, someone who is strong-willed and independent.”

What is your idea of a perfect date?

“Something spontaneous or crazy! Like, if I call and tell her to get ready and we just get on a plane and leave the city.  That would be my perfect date. I prefer spontaneity to something planned. Planned dates are nice but the random dates you don’t expect to happen are the perfect ones.”

Where’s your favorite hangout spot in Atlanta?

“I like to hang around music. Anything to do with the Atlanta music scene, whether it is making music in the studio (not making music myself, but others) or seeing live music, is where you can find me. The music scene is my favorite thing about Atlanta so anything with that is probably where I would be hanging out.”

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

“I love Atlanta. Atlanta is home because this is where my family is; this is where I am. Atlanta has molded me into the person that I am today. A lot of the qualities of Atlanta are truly within myself. So living long term, it would probably be Atlanta. But I could also see myself, short term, living in a place like Kauai. Kauai is an island in Hawaii but it’s not like the typical Maui experience you get when you travel to Hawaii. Kauai is a very private, quiet island and it’s beautiful because it’s natural. The estates there are beautiful as well so if you’re there, you’re balling. If I had a house in Kauai that I could just escape to, for 6 months to a year, that would be amazing. That’s my goal.”

What do you like to do outside of school?

“I like to do a lot of things. It’s an easier question to ask what do I not like to do.  I’m very open to do whatever. I’m a very ‘go with the flow’ type of person. I like to be outside and play sports, I like to watch sports and be around music. But whatever I’m doing, I like to share the moments and experiences with the people around me, like my family and friends. I love to be around my friends so it doesn’t really matter what we’re doing.”

What is your passion?

“I have a lot. I put my all into everything that I do but I would have to say my passion is people. I would like to think that when people encounter me, on a deeper level, I would hope I could have a positive impact on their day or make them feel a little happier. I just like to make people feel happy. Happiness is really important to me. Really, my passion is making other people happy.”

Do you have any relationship advice?

“Go with your instinct. Be natural and don’t hesitate or worry. People worry so much in relationships and that’s not what it’s about. You got in this relationship because you care about that person, like them, and like to be around them, so continue that. Just enjoy yourself and enjoy being around the person you care about and let them enjoy being around you. Don’t worry about anything else. Don’t let the worries or insecurities get in the way. Whatever you feel, act on it. Be true to what you feel and let the others around you be true to what they feel too.”

Quick Answer

Biggest turn off? Liars and clingy women

Favorite Food? Teppanyaki

Dream Job? Entrepreneur

Favorite Show? Family Guy

Favorite Sport? Football and Soccer

Nia Ballard is a junior at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Theatre and Spanish. Traveling is her passion and she hopes her career in the PR industry will allow her to see the world. She loves going on new adventures, meeting new people, going to concerts, singing Beyonce Karaoke, Frozen Yogurt (more like addicted to), history documentaries, and binge-watching Gossip Girl. 
The GSU chapter of Her Campus