This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Casey Johnson

Age: 20

Hometown: Kennesaw, Georgia

Class: Junior

Major: Criminal Justice

Relationship Status: Single

Instagram: @caseyljohnson

Why did you choose Georgia State?

I chose Georgia State because it was further from my hometown and I could get a feel for the city life. I wanted to be in the city and enjoy it. It is so different than Kennesaw and I love it.

What are you involved in at GSU?

Marching band and Alpha Omicron Pi.

What is your favorite thing about marching band?

I just did it in high school and fell in love with it. Being around people who love music and performing is so much fun.

Why do you love being a sister of Alpha Omicron Pi?

It gives me a sisterhood, which I’ve never had before. I only have a brother. I have all these amazing girls that I can go to for anything. They will always be there for me no matter what. These girls are incredible and I can’t imagine my life without it.

What is something interesting about yourself?

I’m a model. It is something that I’ve dreamed about and now I can say that I’m a model. It is surreal, so I guess that is something interesting.

What is your dream?

I want to become a Victoria’s Secret model. It is a little far-fetched, but I can dream.

Speed Questions:

Who is your celebrity crush?

Nick Jonas

If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Pasta Da Vinci from Cheesecake Factory

What is your favorite color?

Blue

What is your favorite show on Netflix?

New Girl

I currently work with iHeartMedia in digital content and on-air, and run a lifestyle blog. I am a first-generation college graduate with degrees in journalism and film media from Georgia State University. In college, I served as a production assistant for GSUTV; senior editor, social media coordinator and staff writer at Her Campus Georgia State (an online magazine for college women); Vice President of Communications for the Gamma Sigma chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi; and interned with The Adam Bomb Show (a nationally-syndicated night radio show) and The Bert Show (a nationally-syndicated morning radio show). I also secured a spot at Cox Media Group's Day in the Life program, where I presented a presentation to Cox Media and AJC executives on how to increase the AJC's digital audience. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity, Society of Professional Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Order of Omega Honor Society, and the Atlanta Press Club. I also run a lifestyle blog that I started in 2015 where I talk about beauty, college, relationships, health, and just navigating life. You can join my little internet family here: www.amandadalvarado.com
The GSU chapter of Her Campus