Auriel Oates ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

You can most likely find this Hawaiian cutie on the 3rd floor of the library, or somewhere listening to Drake. Did we mention how gorgeous her curly hair is? Meet Auriel!

Name: Auriel Oates

Year: 2018

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Oahu, Hawaii 

Relationship Status: Single

Hobbies/Interests: I love traveling and seeing new things! I also enjoy listening to music, working out, and reading.

Her Campus: Favorite spot on campus?

Auriel Oates: Library, 3rd floor! 

HC: What is your ideal date?

AO: ADVENTURE TIME! Dates are the perfect time for random adventures! I absolutely hateeeeee the cliché, go eat dinner + see a movie date night. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that from time to time, but for me personally, I enjoy somewhere with a nice view, where you can just chill and feel the beautiful nature surrounding you. A place where you can find fun and comfort at the same time. Somewhere that you can just simply enjoy each other’s company and talk about the universe. 

HC: Guilty pleasure?

AO: Mango. Chicken. OMG. Anyone who knows me knows I am basically addicted to Mango Chicken from Lenox! 

HC: Who is on your top five most played playlist?

AO: Drake, Dom Kennedy, Future (s/o to DS2 lol), Bryson Tiller & SPZRKT. 

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

AO: Drizzy! Go watch a Drake interview in your free time, you might just fall in love. 

HC: What is one thing you cannot live without?

AO: Myself. The presence of being who I am. The freedom to be me.

HC: What makes you smile?

AO: Ahh, such a hard question. I literally smile at any & everything. Although, seeing someone genuinely happy makes me smile, every time.

HC: Biggest pet peeve?

AO: Such a long list! My number one is probably people who complain all of the time. Negative people aren’t good to be around. Keep your good energy! 

HC: Describe your personality in three words.

AO: Ambitions, Loyal & Loving

HC: What is your favorite food or restaurant?

AO: I love breakfast and I’m pretty sure French Toast is definitely a favorite! 

HC: What is your dream job?

AO: My dream job is to work for Google in the Marketing department. 

Which would you pick?

• Shampoo or Cleansing Conditioner? Cleansing Conditioner! (Shea Moisture)
  • Lance Gross or Michael Ealy? Michael Ealy! 
  • New York or Los Angeles? LA!
  • Gel polish or Acrylic nails? Gel Polish!
Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.