All White Golden Globes Party: Is White the New Black? BEST DRESSED 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

White has never looked so good until tonight. Our eyes were blessed with the look that stopped at least 99.9% of every female on this planet’s heartbeat and I’m not talking aout Brad Pitt people. From ripping through our hearts with the best hearthrob performance yet, we didn’t think it possible that one person could be any hotter. Ryan Gosling effortlessly took over the screen with his perfect jawline, and hot body dressed in all white. Sorry ladies, but when Ryan Gosling enters your screen glowing brighter than when Jesus ascended up to heaven, there’s no choice but to award him Best Dressed. 

However, the 35 year old D.I.L.F wasn’t the only one to grace one of the most elite parties parading an all white ensemble. The Glam Godesses of Hollywood proved that an all white ensemble may be achieved; but only if you do not have childlike tendencies when you are placed around food, a trait of mine that has discouraged me to ever purchase anything white. But with all the looks tonight, I might actually reconsider my rule and give in to the “Wedding” themed soiree visage.

Taraji P. Henson stepped out onto the carpet looking as if she is coming straight from running her kingdom in ancient Egypt, in which they would refer to her as Queen Cookie. The fiery, sassy, diva from the hit T.V show ‘Empire‘  that earned her an award last night, and she looked absolutely stunning.  Talk about impressive; and let us not forget that it was also her first ever nomination at the Golden Globes. Hats off to you, Sistah T!

Here she comes, everyone. Miss Golden Globes, Corinne Foxx. If I was Jamie Foxx, I would definetely be proud. (Silently sobs that I’m not related to Jamie Foxx).

The head of Louis Vouitton knew what they were doing when they cast this beauty, Alicia Vikander as their ambassador. She too stole the spotlight by spotting an original LV gown that earned her a spot  on our exclusive “All White Party” list.

For some odd reason, when I saw this dress worn by Melissa Benoist,  I started singing “I Can Hear the Bells” in Nikki Blonsky’s voice, from Hairspray. Was it the earrings that triggered the song, maybe? Whatever it is, Supergirl Benoist puts the G in glam in all white and we couldn’t be happier having her as a guest of honor *ding*.

6th on the list, is the forever fierce, Miss Laverne Cox, who is quite literally leaving a trail that left us oogling for more. From Orange is the New Black, with this look, she could pass as a contestant from Miss Universe

If I were to somehow, magically, in some twisted world receive an invitation to hang out and party with best of the best in Hollywood and I had to pick out a dress that flattered every part of my body so effortlessly in a fashionably chic manner and I was faced with all the dresses in the world, I think I would have to agree with Saoirse Ronan that this would be the dress. I need say no more. 

You can never go wrong with a classic laced, off-white mermaid shaped dress. Above, Malin Ackerman is photographed at this year’s Golden Globes, joining our list as our last favorite look of the night. We hope you enjoyed the awards as much as we did. Although Lady Gaga did not join the “All White Train,” she deserves a round of applause from us all for landing the Golden Globe award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for her performance on American Horror Story: Hotel as the Countess.  And of course, shoutout to Ricky Gervais for not failing to entertain us with his cruel but humorous jokes that make the Golden Globes go by a bit faster. 

Zimbabwean-American Journalism major at Georgia State University. Audrey Hepburn and pink enthusiast who's constantly dreaming of Breakfast at Bergdorfs. She lives in Atlanta with New York on her mind.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus