9 Reasons We’re Thankful J. Cole was Born

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Today is a very important day, because rapper J. Cole was born into this world to win over our hearts and change the rap game. Today the rapper turns 31 years old and with his clever lyrics, his passion to help people, and his love for his fans, he is definitely one of the best to ever do it. Don’t argue with me.

So in honor of Cole’s birthday, we here at Her Campus have decided to celebrate J. Cole with 9 reasons why you should be thankful that he was born. You are welcome.  

9. He’s transparent and teaches us to embrace our imperfections as he does his “Crooked Smile.” 

8. J. Cole genuinely cares about what is going on in society. He is a positive influence in Hip-Hop which is much needed.

7.  He stays out of the headlines unless it’s for something good or unless we’re finding out he’s secretly married to his college sweetheart. It’s okay, I cried too.

6. He has music with Drake and brings him out to his shows.

5. He has concerts for $1. One dollar. I mean who can complain about that?

4. He doesn’t lie. “Dreamville give us a year, we’ll be on every show.” He has literally put his team on the map and at the beginning of this year he was the first rapper to have his live concert aired on HBO.

3. He’s inspirational for college students like us, because he is one of the few rappers who actually graduated from college.

2. He does not mind hanging out with his fans. He pops up at their homes, takes them out to lunch, and goes to the movies with them.

1. Last BUT NOT LEAST, he drops albums for his fans on HIS birthday. Didn’t know? Yep, 2014 Forest Hills Drive now has a LIVE album. Go get that!

Happy Birthday Cole!!!!

Asia Brown is a Junior at Georgia State University who has a true passion experiencing life. Her major is Journalism and her minor is Film and Video. In her spare time, Asia enjoys playing tennis, feeding the homeless, watching sports and traveling. Be sure to follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @asialashe_ for all her other cool interest.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus