This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

As I get older and meet more people, I have started to become aware of how many people enjoy it when the fall season rolls around. Now don’t get me wrong, I, too, am guilty of having fall as my favorite season. In order to celebrate the beginning of this beautiful season, here are a few ideas to plan for the fall season ahead.

1. Pick Apples at a Field

Going to an apple field is one of my favorite things to do this time of year. It’s a great place to walk around and even take pictures. Once you have your apples you can enjoy them as is, or if you’re feeling daring, you can go ahead and bake your own apple pie.

2. Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Visiting a pumpkin patch is always a must for the fall season. There you can pick pumpkins for house decor, to paint, or to turn into jack-o-lanterns. A pumpkin patch is also a nice scenery if you’re one who likes to take pictures and post on Instagram.

3. Bake a Pumpkin Treat

As the colder weather approaches, the more likely we are to stay inside. With that, cold weather brings a lot of baking and a lot of sweets. Not only does pumpkin have many health benefits, but it also tastes really good. Pinterest has plenty of recipes to sort through for your preferences if you’re looking for a good pumpkin dessert recipe.

4. Park and Picnic

With the trees changing into beautiful colors, now is the perfect time to go to the park to have a picnic and lay on the grass. You could do this by yourself or with company. If you go alone, bring a book to read or to color, and some food to snack on. If you go with company, bring food and games, and have fun.

5. Visit a Haunted House

With Halloween around the corner, haunted houses will start popping up everywhere. If you’re looking for a scare and an adrenaline rush I recommend going to a haunted house with your friends or even with a partner. 

6. Watch a Hallmark movie

The Hallmark Channel is always making movies and playing ones that go with the season. If you’re looking to watch a feel-good movie, this is a great channel to do so. Personally, their movies always cheer me up. They also play movies 24/7, so at any time of day, if you want to watch a movie Hallmark has your back.

7. Decorate a Vase

This is for my people who are into interior design or even have a few plant pots they want to spice up. A fun activity you can do is gather a few vases you have that you no longer like and paint them. You can use whichever type of paint is convenient for you. For example, spray paint works really well, but acrylic would probably be your best bet if you want to paint a pot for a plant. You could also go to the dollar tree or even a thrift store and buy vases to paint. From there you can add flowers and decorate it to your liking.

8. Go to Jeni’s Ice Cream Shop

Essentially you could go to any ice cream spot, but I recommend Jeni’s. They have a new limited-time flavor for fall called Pumpkin Cake Roll. After trying it recently I can confidently say it’s my favorite flavor of ice cream at the moment.

I hope this helps everyone with ideas for a great fall season.

Hello everyone! I'm Sarah Torres, an anthropology major and marketing minor at GSU. I am also a proud Cuban and Dominican. Writing is a big hobby of mine and I hope you guys enjoy my writing this year!