5 trends from the New York runways that will shape the season.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Fashion month is not yet over. Though we still have to make it through London to Paris and to Milan, some of the fall trends have been set, thanks to the New York runways.

Show Some Shoulder

Tibi, Milly, Rosie Assoulin

Off-the-shoulder cuts were a big deal last year, so it’s only right Designers like Milly, Rebecca Minkoff, Ji Oh, Brandon Maxwell and Tibi (the list goes on)

, transition one our favorite on going trends from Spring 2016 into the Fall. 

Pantsuits

Christian Siriano, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Ralph Lauren

Hey, Hillary Clinton, you won’t be the only one rocking pantsuits this Fall! Designers took pantsuits to the next level with leather, cool prints and some amazing sillouettes that could easily replace your favorite LBD this Fall. These pantsuits are just as suitable for your internship as they are for a night out.

Not Just Any Necklace

Marc Jacobs, Hellessy, Calvin Klein

Oh, you thought chokers and neck scarves were a thing of the past? Nope. Dianne Von Furstenberg and Hellessey were some of many to guarantee these neck accessories are here to stay to add just what you need to any outfit.

Lace Up

Proenza Schouler, Altazurra, Fenty x Puma by Rihanna

Fashion week is always full of girls on the go laced up in their sneakers, but this season we saw the likes of Proenza Schouler and Altazurra take the shoelace to blouses, dress es and skirts. Try lacing up into one of these this Fall.

Silver Linings

Rachel Zoe, Michael Kors, Michael Kors

Though many designers showcased bold metallic gowns on the runways, these flirty, silver alternatives might just shine brighter this fall. MIchael Kors and Rachel Zoe were full of silver linings that will be perfect for a different take on your date night look.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus