This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The weekend is nearly over and the stress starts to creep in, reminding you of everything that’s to come in the upcoming week. With school, work, and all other responsibilities that us busy girls have to take care of, it’s easy to be completely overwhelmed with so much to do throughout the entire week. 

It’s important to work on being prepared and take full advantage of free days – such as Sunday to do so. Here are five things I like to do to set myself up for success for the days to come. 

Sleep in!

The late-night weekend celebrations can catch up to you and have you feeling some major sleep deprivation. In order to be your best self, it’s beneficial to be well-rested and get plenty of sleep. Health.com lists improved memory, creative spurs, sharp attention, and lower stress levels as some of the benefits of sleep.

Create a Plan

This is something I look forward to every Sunday. I write down every single thing I have to do that week, this includes meetings, classes, work, assignments, social events, and everything in between. 

It’s helpful to see tasks laid out in front of you to ensure there is enough time to get everything done. This has come in handy multiple times, especially in instances when I’d rather turn on Netflix and let my homework sit.

Meal Prep

Preparing your food in advance can set you up for a less hectic week. My favorite thing to do is make a quick run to the grocery store, pick up all I’ll need for the upcoming week, and spend a couple of hours cooking all of the things I purchased. My go-to’s are veggies, chicken, rice, and simple snacks I can munch on throughout the week. 

Not only will this cut back on time throughout the week, but it definitely stops you from eating out so much during the week, and sets you up to make healthier choices.

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!

There is nothing I love more than starting the week with everything clean, and organized! Do your laundry, change your sheets, clean your bathroom- do all of the things you’ve ignored throughout the week. 

I even like to clean out my car, purse, and backpack. It minimizes the cluttering and even has me feeling a bit more relaxed all around.

Treat your self!

Wind down at the end of the day by taking care of yourself. Take a long bubble bath, put on a face mask, moisturize your whole body, and put on your favorite show. My favorite face mask is this one from Kiehls that does a great job in detoxifying your skin.

As important as it is to reset and be well-rested for the next few days, it’s just as important to start it off on the right foot by being prepared. Sundays are a great day to relax, but also compose a plan of action that will minimize the stress you will encounter the following week. So put on a podcast, have a leisurely (but productive) Sunday, and kill it next week girl!

Jacqueline Hernandez is a bilingual fourth year student at Georgia State University, majoring in journalism. After graduation, her ultimate goal would be to move to Los Angeles or New York City to pursue her career as an entertainment journalist. When she is not busy on schoolwork and catching up on the latest Hollywood gossip, she enjoys traveling, attending live music events, and sharing all of her experiences via social media.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus