5 Mobile Apps That Could Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Lets face it; we millennials have made our cell phones the center of the universe! Finding ways to do just about anything on our phones, we’ve invested all of our trust into the wonders of media & technology. Don’t be ashamed. Own it! There’s an App for everything these days, and if you really use your resources, they could really change your life. If you’re not already attached to your mobile, the convenience of a life-style app is a good excuse to transform you into a shameless cell-phone junkie. Here are 5 mobile apps you’ve probably never heard of that are surprisingly helpful.

1. Everest

What’s your “Everest?” Learning a new skill? Getting in a workout everyday? Finishing that new Netflix TV series? Despite the type of goal, everest allows you to keep a tight focus on it. It’s pretty much a social network for those who “do,” and for those who don’t, you can go ahead and scroll on to App #2. If you’re inspired by motivational tips & success stories, download Everest and make a positive stride towards your next goal!

2. Rise Alarm Clock

As college students, waking up in the morning is a total drag. I mean, sure, we get to see a new day and all, but when you’re happily snuggled under your bed covers, the last thing you want is to be buzzed out of your sleep for class. Thanks to “Rise,” waking up has never been more peaceful and serene. You can even snooze the app by giving it a gentle shake if you still aren’t ready to face the music. Its simplistic design is the perfect transition to your fist cup of coffee.

3. Find. Eat. Drink.

I know what you’re thinking. With a gazillion food apps out there, why this one? The difference here is that this app was actually curated by people who know a thing or two.  With the help of local bartenders & chefs, you can finally figure out where your money is best spent.

4. Run Pee

Here’s a quirky, new app for all my fellow moviegoers. Looking for a chance to relieve yourself from the soda you used to wash down that large popcorn? Run Pee tells you the best possible time to make a fast break to the restroom for every movie! As weird as it may sound initially, it’s the most useful app to come for someone who spends every weekend in the movie theatre.

5. Carrot

Okay, back to being productive. Do you have a ton on your plate & need a way to commit to your vast list of things to do? Try turning it into a game! Seriously. Who knew a to-do list could have so much personality! Simply having a to-do list wont get you anywhere, but with Carrot as your friend, getting things done is fun & easy.

Hi, I'm Ashley! I'm well-versed writer looking to pave my way into the media industry one story at a time. More about me? Oh, I love writing, watching TV, and writing about watching TV.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus