This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s officially fall! One of the most favored seasons by college students because you can finally go into your closet and pull out the gems you’ve been ready to layer and wear for months. Below, I’m sharing all the fall trends I’ve already spotted so far, and what you can pair them with to start the cooler part of your fall semester in style!

1. Biker shorts

At this point, these are a closet staple for many college students! They come in an abundance of colors, they’re comfortable and can go with any top. So, if you don’t have them already, they need to be added before it gets super cold! They can be perfectly paired with your favorite crop top, graphic tee, or hoodie. 

2. Boots

I’m not talking about UGG boots, because it’s not quite that season yet! But I’ve already been seeing cute chunky and combat boots taking over. These kinds of boots are so versatile! They can be paired with a cute T-shirt dress, distressed jeans, or black jeans. Even a cute plaid pant or mini skirt can give you a specific aesthetic you’re going for. The options are endless!   

3. Oversized hoodies/sweatshirts

Once it gets chilly, it gets super cool down here in downtown Atlanta, especially with all the buildings surrounding us. Having a hoodie, specifically an oversized one, to keep you warm and snug all day is definitely a must. A plus is that oversized hoodies don’t seem to swallow you like other big garments. Pair it with your biker shorts or favorite pair of distressed jeans to handle your long day on campus.

4. Crocs

A trend that I didn’t see coming, but I’m not mad at either! With their bright colors and customizable pins, crocs have become a favorite amongst GSU students. Pair them with your favorite morning class outfit so you can be comfortable and stylish to get your day started!

5. Jean jackets

An ultimate staple that I think that every closet should include. This trend never seems to go out of style, from light to dark wash, a jean jacket can go with anything! This staple is also perfect if you’re a fan of layering during the fall. If you want to be bold, pair your jacket with another piece of denim, like jeans, for a chic denim on denim look.

I see all of these trends on campus for a reason! Most of these pieces are easy to find, comfortable, and are stapes for your closet. Add these trends to your wardrobe this season so you can continue to look good while taking on the rest of the semester.

I'm a senior journalism student at Georgia State University who loves to write, eat and watch cartoons.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus