5 Destinations to Mix Up Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Spring break is only a month away, yay! As many students travel to Florida at the same time, popular destinations like PCB and Miami can be very crowded, or maybe you’ve been going to these cities since high school and are tired of the same scene. Check out these beautiful, unique destinations so you can plan ahead and save up to make your trip stand out from all the others.

1. Clearwater Beach, Clearwater FL

If you still want to travel to Florida for the proximity and for the beach, Clearwater Beach is a beautiful coastal location. The nearby food features quite a few four star restaurants and four-star hotels on the beach currently start at $170 a night for two beds (if you have four people that’s only 42.50 per person). Feeling adventurous? A few companies nearby offer boat tours with snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, tubing, and dolphin watching!

2. Fall Creek Falls State Park, Nashville TN

If you enjoy the great outdoors (or enjoy “glamping”) and really want to get away with your friends, this is definitely the place for you! With rates starting at $145 for a cabin that can fit 10 people, this is definitely a fun deal you won’t want to miss (with a view!). 

3. Gulf Shores, AL

Seafood, golf on the gulf, ziplining, and a gorgeous beach are yours to enjoy after a road trip to our neighboring state. It’s also a popular place for college students if you don’t want to miss out on that sort of scene—just a little less crowded! The hotels are also a lot cheaper, many of them starting as low as $70 a night for two beds.

4. Savannah, Georgia

Dinner cruises on the river, history, and shopping are just a few of the things you have access to in this charming city. Best of all, Tybee Island is only a short drive from historic downtown and is a great place to go relax and spread out from civilization. Hotels on the beach are as low as $113 and are even cheaper in the city!

5. Padre Island, TX

This destination is for the person that wants to do it all! It’s a long drive from Atlanta, but well worth the trip. This fun barrier island in Texas offers camping on the beach, nights of live music, sea turtle exhibits, surfing lessons, fishing, water sports, a spa, sandcastle lessons, diving, art classes, a nature center, and so much more. This location is also guaranteed to provide warm weather. Hotels can be a little pricier here, but if you do your research you can get a good deal for about $130 a night for two beds. This is another popular location for college students in Texas. 

College spring break doesn’t have to be limited to Florida. If you and your friends have already seen what PCB and Miami have to offer, consider these options for unique memories, funny stories, and Snapchat filters. It’s not too late to start planning for the best spring break of your life!

Hi everyone! I am a nursing major at Georgia State University. I am a transfer student and I love being a Panther! In addition to Her Campus, I am involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters GSU and I volunteer at Kennestone Hospital. I like horror movies, camping, the beach, food, working out, shopping, and taking naps.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus