element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Signs That You’re Still Into Your Ex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

We’ve all been there at least once, that ex you can’t get over. The worst part about it is, you don’t realize you’re not completely over them until months (or even years) later. So how do you know if you’re truly over your last love? If you find yourself relating to these four signs then the answer is you’re not.

1. You find a way to relate everything back to him

Every relationship leaves behind memories. A great relationship leaves behind memories that stick with you longer than usual. Constantly relating things back to your past relationship is probably the biggest sign that you’re still into them. This goes for everything! For example, if you’re out with friends and relate something as simple as a bird flying by to your ex because you remember how he told you his pet bird died when he was six years old, then yeah girl, you’re still into them.

2. You think of random reasons to call or text them (always thinking of them)

So I’m sure you guys were like best friends in your relationship and you probably talked about a lot and told each other everything. So naturally, you’re going to still want to do this once you first break up. But, if you’re still fighting the urge to call them and tell them little things like wanting to text them about how you just had the best cupcake of your life, then you might not be over them. You’re still thinking about them and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. This is just a sign of how comfortable you were with each other.

3. Your mood changes when you talk to them

You could be having the worst day ever but you know that if you receive that certain call or text then your day just got 100 times better. If they still have that type of effect on you, then yeah, you’re still into them. It takes a special type of person and bond to be able to affect you in such a way that your entire mood can change. They know what to say to make you feel better or maybe it’s just as simple as hearing their voice.

4. You’re passing up on great dudes/girls (comparing them to your ex)

The ultimate test or sign that proves that you’re not over your ex is how you react to your next. The guy you’ve had your eye on in class finally invites you out. Nothing big, just a study session between the two of you and you pass it up. First of all, you’re crazy, you’ve been eyeing this guy for months! You’re afraid of the possibility that something better might be out there and more importantly, it’s clear as ever that you’re not over you ex!

Getting over an ex is probably one of the hardest things to do. You thought the relationship would last longer than it actually did but things happened. Things happen, that’s life, and things should have happened since the breakup. Just because you find yourself relating to all or even one of the four things mentioned above it doesn’t mean anything bad. But before you take that next step and call them (because I know you’re thinking about it) ask yourself is it the right decision? Will it work out this time or did you guys break up for reasons that can’t be resolved? Or maybe you’re making that call because you want your best friend back, and if that’s the reason, well let’s just say that’s an entire other article in itself. Good Luck!

Amanda Battle will one day be the host of her own talk show but for now, hopes to receive a job at a local radio station upon graduation. Battle will be graduating in 2018 with a bachelors in Communications. When she is not working hard to achieve her goals of becoming a talk show host or working at her part-time job, she enjoys going to the movies and hanging out with friends.  
The GSU chapter of Her Campus