11 Signs that You’ve Met Your Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

While you’re in college, you get a chance to meet some of your life-long friends. If you are an avid Grey’s Anatomy fan, you know that some people meet their “person” in the journey that we call life. Dr. Christina Yang says, “She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person.” Your “person” is your soulmate in friend form. Here are some signs that you’ve met your “person”.

1. They are there through anything. (GOOD, BAD, & UGLY)

Sometimes they are the only person that can handle it all.

2. They are the only person who knows what to say to you when you’re down.

They are the go-to for words of encouragement

3. They give you that extra boost when you need it

No one knows how to light a fire under you like them.

4. Whether you are on bad terms or not, you never have to question if they are there.

Your “person” will never leave. 

5. 9 times out of 10, you two are always hanging out together.

And why wouldn’t you be, they are basically your other half.

6. They can read you without you saying anything.

They know all your looks and can tell what is going on without having to say a word.

7. You can’t picture life without them.

…And why would you want to?

8. They are a constant light in your life.

One Direction said it best, “Baby, you light up my world like nobody else.”

9. Hanging out can sometimes simply means just being in each other’s presence.

Sometimes you don’t need words, you just need them.

10. You two are a package deal.

There is no one without the other. If one is in a relationship, you all are basically a 3 way. You don’t get one, you get both.

11. THEY ARE YOUR FAMILY

Blood doesn’t make you family, the bond does.

12.  No matter what. They will always be your “person” !

If you’ve been lucky enough to find your “person”, hold them close and never let them go. They are simply a treasure and everyone doesn’t get to go through life with a gem like them.

K. Miche' Thomas is a double major Marketing and Managerial Sciences student at Georgia State University. Upon her anticipated graduation in 2018 she plans to attend law school to pursue her dreams of becoming a Trademark & Patent Attorney. In her extra time she enjoys planning event and spending precious time with friends and family.