- Age: 18
- Year:  #turnuh
- Faculty and Program: I haven’t declared a major yet, but speaking of programs, Posse represent!! [Posse D.C. 10]
- Hometown: Atlanta, GA
- One Thing You Like About Grinnell: The academics
- One Thing You’d Like to Change about Grinnell: People whining about hookup culture when theyactively participate in it. Also, people should speak out against the status quo.
- Single or Taken? Single
- Perfect date: One based off of little things the person has picked up on that I like. That way, itcomes off more thoughtful.
- Turn-ons: intelligence, sense of humor, witty remarks, adventurous spirit
- Pet Peeves: People smacking when they eat, incorrect grammar, looking over my shoulder at whatI’m doing, dirty fingernails
- Celebrity Girl Crush: Yaya DaCosta
- Celebrity Guy Crush: Pharrell
- Favorite Nickname: SouthSide FreakkiiTay Staytatted
- Hobbies: DIYs, reading, exercising, yoga, baking
- Favorite Song Right Now: The God Complex by Goldlink is killin’ the club (this can be found onSoundcloud)
- Favorite Music Artist/Group: There are too many to narrow it down to one
- Favorite Thing About Yourself: How blunt I am
- Guilty Pleasure: Rihanna
- Favorite Color: Lavender
- Favorite Smell: When you blow out a candle
- Favorite Word: Lugubrious (it’s a pretty sad word, but it rolls off the tongue so nicely)
- Favorite Summer Memory: When I was younger, my sister and I used to travel to visit my grandmother in St. Thomas, USVI (right across the stream from Puerto Rico). I distinctly remember that during one of our last days there, we went to the beach, and while we were eating pizza and wings, this flock of seagulls came and swooped down on our food. One of the seagulls even took my pizza crust straight out of my hand! In the moment, it was pretty shocking, so we just chased the seagulls away, laughed at the whole situation and watched the sunset. Definitely a good summer.
PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE:
- Craziest thing you’ve ever done: TBD
- What you’re thinking about right now: Waka Flocka has got that crank. How poppin Amy Winehouse station on Pandora is on the low. Also, how inappropriate this wind is.
- Dream Job: Doing community development work in Central or South America. Or running a fashion magazine. Either or works for me.
- One Place You’ve Always Wanted to Visit: Fiji
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Glo’d up
WORDS OF WISDOM:
- Role Model: My parents
- Best Advice You’ve Ever Received: “Apply for everything,” and “You cannot love life until you live a life you love.”
- Write something about yourself! I think that two of the most important things in life are to travel and dress well. Traveling because it is so amazing to be able to see how people live outside of the world you live in. Dressing well because I feel as if the way you present yourself unto the world is how they perceive you. Not saying this has to be an everyday occurrence, but the majority of the time. Also, who doesn’t like to look good af?