This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Grinnell chapter.

BASICS:

Name: Ham Serunjogi

Class Year: [2016]

Major: Economics

Hometown: Kampala, Uganda

Greatest life accomplishment to date: Going to the Youth Olympics for swimming

LIFE AT GRINNELL:

Favorite event on campus: I’d say Trustees Weekend— a weekend where students get the opportunity to meet with trustees on campus. I like seeing how people have changed once they’ve left Grinnell. It’s almost like seeing yourself 40 years down the road, in a way, if you’re successful.

Favorite studying spot on campus: Bean bags on the second floor of Burling

Favorite D-hall dish: Corn dogs

Favorite class you’ve taken: Macro Economics with Professor Szulga

Best thing about Grinnell: The people, my friends, and my brother.

What would you change about Grinnell? The location.

LOVE LIFE

Status: Oh, I’m single!

What do you look for in a partner? Someone who I can talk to about anything. Someone who’s funny—humor is important.

Pet Peeves: People who can’t keep time.

Ideal date? Ordering from Chuong Garden and watching a movie in my room.

Celebrity Woman Crush: Jennifer Lawrence

Celebrity Man Crush: Elon Musk

MISCELLANEOUS:

Future plans (summer, post grad perhaps)?

I don’t want to go to grad school. Right now, grad school is not part of my ideal plan, so I’d rather work. I’d like to work with something that is related to the intersection between finance and technology. That’ll be the ideal job.

What advice would you give to your first year self?

Be more risk taking. I was very cautious my first year, so be less cautious as well.

What is the most important thing you’ve learned while being at Grinnell?

Everything is the way it is because someone made it to be that way. Humans have decided how everything has run, people like me. So I am my own limitation.

What is something people don’t know about you?

I’m allergic to eggs. I sleep at 10 every night, so I can’t do all-nighters.

(Photo Credit: John Brady, bradyj.com)

Nicole is a third year sociology major from Singapore. Apart from writing for Her Campus Grinnell, she also manages Grinnell College's Sexual Health Information Center. She enjoys hiking, playing her uke, crushing weights in the gym, reading, travelling, and cooking yummy vegan meals. 
Katy is the Her Campus Correspondent for Grinnell College. She is a junior psychology major and plans to go to graduate school for clinical psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, skiing, shopping, expanding her music collection, traveling and of course, coming home to her dogs (and the rest of her family).