This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Grinnell chapter.

Basics:

Name: Dan Davis      

Class Year: 2016

Major: Mathematics

Hometown: Wadsworth, Ohio

Grinnell Life:

Favorite Class: Foundations of Abstract Algebra

Favorite Study Spot: Shout out to the new Wellness Lounge!

Embarrassing First Year Moment: Did you see my wardrobe my first semester of college?

Extracurricular Activities: Student Advisor, Student Staff Council, Active Minds, Grinnell In Prison Program

If you could change one thing about DHall, what would it be? They took away the good lemonade and put in that peachy citrus drink, and I’m still pissed off. I want the lemonade back.

Love Life:

Taken or single? Single and always looking to mingle.

Any deal breakers? There needs to be great communication. If we can’t discuss what we like and don’t like, then it’s never going to work out.

Post-Harris: Noyce or ARH? Always best to go to Noyce. Hooking up in the ARH is disgusting because of the horrible color schemes.

Miscellaneous:

If you could give one piece of advice to first years, what would it be? 

Ask yourself two things before making any decisions:

1) Is this going to make me happy? If you answer yes, then ask yourself:

2) Is this going to hurt me later on in life? If you answer no, do it. Don’t worry about what other people are going to think because they don’t matter.

Future plans (summer, postgrad etc.)?

I hope to obtain my PhD in pure math after finishing undergrad (but let’s just hope I make it out of here alive!)

Least accurate/most irritating stereotype about Grinnellians:

We don’t sleep. I sleep so much. Like at least 6 hours a night, and even then, my norm is probably around 8. People sleep on this campus. I don’t get why you want to win that battle. You guys can keep arguing about who slept less while I get an extra few hours of rest.

What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?

I’m pretty much an open book. I don’t think I have any secrets left to tell.

Katy is the Her Campus Correspondent for Grinnell College. She is a junior psychology major and plans to go to graduate school for clinical psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, skiing, shopping, expanding her music collection, traveling and of course, coming home to her dogs (and the rest of her family).