This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Grinnell chapter.

BASICS

Age: 19

Year: [2017]

Hometown: Northridge and Reseda, CA #VforValley (I couldn’t choose only one)

GRINNELL LIFE

Faculty and Program: Faculty and program? Wtf does this even mean? Like my majors and favorite professor? Well my majors are Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies/Sociology and my favorite professor is Raquel Greene because she’s my Posse mentor.

One Thing You Like About Grinnell: The friends I’ve made. (I love you all!)

One Thing You’d Like to Change about Grinnell: Location location location.

LOVE LIFE

Single or Taken? Single (and ready to mingle heyyyy)

Turn-Ons: PG version- intellectuality, spontaneity, humor. Rated R version- being rough, FACIAL AND BODY HAIR (#yum)

Perfect Date: Take-out, Netflix, cuddling…

Celebrity Girl Crush: Christina Perri

Celebrity Guy Crush: BEN COHEN OMG YAAAS UNF * swoon * (if you don’t know him you have to look him up)

FAVORITES

Hobbies: Calvin and Hobbes, Reddit, Legend of Korra, sleep, chilling in the SRC

Favorite Color: Silver and Purple (I couldn’t choose just one sorry not sorry)

Favorite Thing About Yourself: My sarcasm and sassiness.

Pet Peeves: Incorrect grammar, being fake, and hypocrisy

Favorite Song: Can I say Azelia Banks’ entire new album “Broke With Expensive Taste?” Well I’m going to say it anyways.

Favorite Music Artist/Group: Gorillaz

Favorite Word: Gelatinous

Favorite Smell: Petrichor (look it up)

Favorite Nickname: Armadillo-Mando-Mon because one of my friends called me that for a while and for some reason it’s grown on me.

Guilty pleasure: The red velvet cupcakes at the Dhall.

PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: When I was 15 I stood on the back of a pick-up truck while it was going 70 mph on the freeway, much like that one scene from Perks of Being Wallflower. Needless to say it was both terrifying and exhilarating.

Favorite Summer Memory: Going to the beach every other Saturday with my family.

What You’re Thinking About Right Now: Wtf kind of video are Jesus and Jackie watching? #TooManyCooks

Dream Job: I’m a second year, how the hell am I supposed to know? But something with human rights and being in a big city like NYC or New Orleans or San Francisco.

One Place You’ve Always Wanted to Visit: Italy! I’m learning Italian now and would love to study abroad there. <3

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully with a job and living in New York City or New Orleans.

GET INSPIRED

Role Model: Honestly, I look up to a lot of my friends. I wish I could be as strong-willed, as knowledgeable, and as critical as many of them. Not to mention they’re all great people in so many ways.

Favorite piece of advice you’ve ever received: Mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter.

Write something about yourself! It can be anything: This is too open-ended. I don’t do well with open-ended questions. Ummmm, I hope you liked Drag Show! And I guess I’m always open to meeting new people, so come at me if you want to talk or whatevs. I don’t bite.

Hello! I'm Maya, and I spend 75% of my day in some form of hibernation.
Katy is the Her Campus Correspondent for Grinnell College. She is a junior psychology major and plans to go to graduate school for clinical psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, skiing, shopping, expanding her music collection, traveling and of course, coming home to her dogs (and the rest of her family).