Tips to Feel Pretty during this Rainy Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

As much as I love the pumpkin-everything craze of fall, I always catch my confidence slipping at this time of the year. Maybe it’s partly the constant rainy weather leading me to want to do nothing but curl up in my dorm room.  Nevertheless, there is something about this end-of-October feeling that has always made me feel extremely sluggish. I am a firm believer that self-perception is a huge determinant in the way others see you. While I totally think it doesn’t matter at all what others think, let’s be honest here: everyone wants to feel pretty! I’ve compiled a list of things I do when I need to spice up my everyday routine in this gloomy time of year and hope they can help you when you’re feeling down, too. 

1. Give yourself a tan—no, this does not mean that you have to hop in the tanning bed. Instead, try self-tanner! It’s cheap, easy, quick, and looks just as good! My favorite brand is Jergens and I would recommend using a glove to apply it to allow for a smoother look. 

2. Get your eyebrows done—there is nothing that makes me feel more like a new woman than getting my eyebrows done, whether that be by a professional or by myself. 

3. Embrace your natural hair—accepting your hair in its natural state is a major step toward accepting your true self (seriously). Especially in this constant rainy weather, it makes my morning routine so much easier!  

4. Try a face mask—face masks are the perfect way to give your skin a fresh start and a break from makeup. There are thousands on Pinterest that are extremely easy and don’t require buying new products to create. 

5. Buy a new piece of makeup—since my makeup collection at college is pretty limited due to the dorm life, I get pretty tired of wearing the same stuff all the time. Usually all it takes is a new lipstick or mascara to spice up my everyday routine. 

Please keep in mind there is a major difference between feeling pretty and being pretty. Every single person is pretty in their own way, no matter how you feel. These are just tips to help boost your confidence! Stay pretty collegiettes. 

lover of peonies, john f. kennedy, & hip hop music
Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.