Reactions to the Roses: Week 7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Welcome back Bachelor Nation!! I am so glad you decided to watch the Bachelor with me rather than the Grammy’s!  We all know where are true loyalties lie.  This week…

This week is when Ben has to decide whose hometown he wants to visit next week.  Needless to say, emotions are running high, there’s a lot of pressure on the ladies and we are sure to get a shock this week at who goes home.  I know I am not ready to see one of my favorites have to pack up.  So let’s get started!

Ben takes the girls to his hometown of Warsaw, Indiana, and I know the girls are thinking how one of them will end up living there (if all goes well).  The first one-on-one goes to Lauren B. (are you surprised, because I’m not).  Ben justifies his decision on taking the front runner on the date because they “had a bad week last week” where crazy Leah said Lauren isn’t who she says she is.  Whatever.  It was all a good excuse to show Lauren around her future home (I’m just gonna call it now).  Ben took her to his favorite places, which was sweet and Lauren admits she is in love with Ben from Warsaw, not Ben the Bachelor.  Hmmmmm……

Next JoJo gets a one-on-one where they head into Chicago (is that near Warsaw?) and get to have a date INSIDE Wrigley Field.  Ben is a huge baseball fan (as am I) and he is just going crazy over the fact that they get to play on the field.  Ben keeps saying he feels the most himself when he is with JoJo, yet she is scared to open up completely.  At dinner, she talks around her fear when Ben brings it up and I feel like we got no real answers from her.  Yet, at the end of dinner Ben says he understands why she is afraid.  WHAT.  Is this another Caila conversation from last week?  I don’t understand! Why does Ben let these girls talk around all of their issues?  Oh man, I just feel confused.

The next day we get a three-person group date which does have a rose on it.  Becca, Caila, and Amanda head out to fly kites on a farm (how Indiana of you ABC), and things are pretty tense. Becca confronts Ben and asks him to send her home if he isn’t feeling it with her. Comparing Becca’s emotions from this season to last season, it seems like she is way more invested with Ben than she ever was with Chris (which is awkward because Chris loved her) and she doesn’t want to go home.  But I don’t know if Ben was feeling it with her.  Ben ultimately gives the group date rose, signifying he wants to meet their family, to Amanda and they continue their date at a new location (which is McDonalds…this is getting weirder ABC).  The other girls look dejected and can’t believe they might not get to take Ben home to meet their families. 

Amanda and Ben go to McDonalds, which is the craziest part of tonight’s episode by far.  Like sure, let’s encourage more people to go to McDonalds where they can get diabetes all wrapped up in grease!  That sounds like a good promotional choice ABC.  I’m dumbfounded.  

They end the night going to the fair where it looks like Ben is going to throw up on all of the rides.  Now THAT would have been hilarious.  I don’t think that’s ever happened on The Bachelor before either. 

The final date of the week is with Emily and Ben takes her to meet his family.  Talk about pressure!  Emily says she isn’t good at talking with people, so she’s going to “rely on her conversation skills” to get her through this date.  Good luck honey.  She says she is an average person, but because she is young she will be an “above average mom.”  Ben’s mom ends up crying because she doesn’t think Emily has wife potential.  With Mom’s disapproval and the music in the background tell us all we need to know: it ain’t gonna happen honey.  Go pack your bags!

At the Rose Ceremony, Lauren, JoJo and Caila get roses which means Becca has to leave.  Becca is very upset (as am I) that Ben blindsided her and is sending her home.  I was sad to see her go, as was Ben because he sat on a bench for a long time after.  Maybe Becca can be our next Bachelorette?  Just saying…

The preview for next week looks like there is going to be lots of drama! I hope you will join me next week, same time, same place.  Until then Bachelor Nation! 

Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick. 
Natalie is a co-campus correspondent at Gonzaga University. She is currently a sophomore studying public relations with a minor in writing. Her ultimate life goal is to write and publish a best seller. Aside from the runnings of Her Campus Gonzaga, Natalie enjoys reading, shopping, Netflix, volunteering, and hanging out with her friends.