freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Reactions to the Roses Week 7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Hello and welcome back Bachelor nation!  While this episode recap is sure to be filled with lots of drama, I hope you are in good spirits after all of the sun-shiney weather we have had this week!  But let’s get down to it…

This week we start off with the return of Chris Harrison.  I don’t know about you, but I have missed that man these last few weeks.  Nick needed some advice, so of course, he goes to the always reliable (and divorced) Chris for some help.  But the most confusing part about the whole scene to me was why Nick was wearing shoes on the beach and Chris was barefoot.  Just wondering.  Anyway, here are some of my favorite Chris Harrison gifs to get you through the day. 

ANYWAY, after we get their heartfelt talk, Nick goes to talk to the women and ultimately tells them that he still believes in this process and feels strong connections with each of them.  Then he takes them to Bimini! (A place I’ve never heard of, but it sure looked pretty!)

This week is incredibly important because next week Nick goes to each of the remaining girls’ hometowns and meets their family.  So this is Nick’s last chance to decide whether or not he can truly see a future with someone before dragging their family into this circus of a show.  Each girl feels more uneasy than ever before (for good reason).  Also, there is only one rose this week which is on the group date.  There are 3 one-on-ones, but none of those dates have roses on them so Nick can ultimately choose at the Rose Ceremony whose family he wants to meet.  Basically, this is the playoffs for the Bachelor. 

The first one-on-one goes to Vanessa, which pisses Corinne off because she hasn’t had a one-on-one date yet.  (Which I find ironic because she basically got the most one-on-one time with Nick in the beginning) Vanessa and Nick head out on a yacht and go snorkeling, which is something Vanessa had never done before.  But Nick is a pro at this show, so they have to really come up with crazy stuff for him to do anything new (thus the flying in space thing).  This date is overall pretty boring EXCEPT for the dinner portion.  At dinner, Vanessa decides to tell Nick she loves him.  They kiss, and Nick shouldn’t have said anything.  However, Nick opens up his stupid mouth and says how he doesn’t want to say he loves her because he has strong relationships with other girls, and basically disses Vanessa to her face.  He says he likes her a lot.  Um, I don’t know about you but that sounds like Juan Pablo to me. 

Eh, ees okay.  NOT.  Poor Vanessa. Hopefully Nick actually proposes to someone at the end of this, unlike Juan Pablo.  

The next day Nick takes Corinne, Kristina, and Raven on the group date.  Poor Corinne.  No one-on-one for you.  But I will say that I felt bad for her on their date.  Nick was all over Kristina for the entire date on the yacht.  See below. 

And Corinne was me during the entire thing: 

After swimming with sharks (yep, that’s right. They have to get crazy this season) the girls go back to a cocktail party.  At this point, Corinne starts FREAKING out because she thinks if anyone is going home, it’s her.  So she does what anyone would do (myself included) and she started eating cubes of cheese.  Like, stuffing her face with cheese.  It’s awesome. 

And she gets drunk. 

The end of the group date brings along the only rose of the week.  Nick decides he really wants to meet Raven’s family, so the rose goes to Raven.  (Kind of a shocker because Nick was all over Kristina all day)

The next one-on-one goes to Danielle M. (the only remaining Danielle) and she and Nick head out on these cute blue beach cruisers.  They explore all over town and play basketball with the local kids.  

While this gif looks fun, their date is super awkward and Nick knows there is no future with Danielle.  Danielle is sent home and she gets super emotional about it. But she is really sweet, so I hope we see her again, maybe on Paradise? Just saying. 

After that terrible breakup, Corinne who is never one to shy away from an opportunity to see Nick decides to sneak over to Nick’s hotel room.  And we get this lovely moment from her: 

Her entrance to the hotel was good too: 

While things definitely started to get steamy, Nick actually stopped Corinne and they didn’t have sex that night.  Corinne was butt hurt and it made her feel super insecure but overall I think this was the right choice for Nick. 

The next day, Rachel goes on a one-on-one with Nick.  And they make out a lot. 

But she was also super real with him. 

And basically proved why we are all going to LOVE her as the new Bachelorette!!! (I’m PUMPED!)

While none of those one-on-ones ended with roses, Nick still felt he had made up his mind about one person.  He came back into the house and Corinne was literally every person watching on Monday night: 

Nick sends Kristina home, which was surprising, and she goes through a lot of emotions about it. 

First, she’s pissed: 

Then she’s in denial:

Then she just cries a lot in the van: 

Thank you ABC for at least being consistent in breaking people’s hearts.  

And then we got ANOTHER cliffhanger to end the night.  We don’t know if all four of the ladies left (Vanessa, Raven, Rachel and Corinne) will get hometown dates, or if Nick is planning on sending another girl home.  Only time will tell.  Tune in next week to see who gets to take Nick home.  It’s sure to be

Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.