Reactions to the Roses Week 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Hello and welcome back readers!  While we might still have a week before we head back to campus to start classes again, I’m sure you are all caught up on your Bachelor episodes!  In case you’re not, no worries!  Head over to last week’s recap here: http://www.hercampus.com/school/gonzaga/reactions-roses-nick-viall-style

Now time to talk about last night’s episode!  This week Nick went on 3 dates, two group dates and one one-on-one.  The first group date had the girls dress up as different kinds of brides and bridesmaids and take part in a photoshoot with Nick.  As the date continued, Nick managed to kiss or makeout with most of the brides and many of the bridesmaids (sound familiar, Liz???)  Things got tense when Brittany was the “Adam and Eve” bride and wore nothing but a bikini bottom. 

Corinne, who never wants to be outshined, decided she too had to take her top off to show Nick she never backs down from a fight. 

The girls were greatly disappointed when Nick then rewarded Corinne’s behavior by giving her the group date rose later on in the evening.  It also didn’t help that she interrupted girls trying to talk to Nick THREE times in one night.  Needless to say, most of the girls were pissed.  But Corinne left us with “my dad would be proud, even though I was naked.”  (I’m glad she’s running her father’s billion-dollar company then.)

Next, we had Nick go on a one-on-one date with Danielle M. (the NICU nurse) and they got to take a helicopter out to the ocean where they sat in a hottub.  

After giving her the rose, they took a ferris wheel ride and made out for a long time.  Overall, this date was pretty boring and neither one of them seemed very fun.  But I guess boring is better than drama for Nick?? Not sure.  I doubt Danielle will make it that far, ladies. 

Finally we got to see some drama when Liz spilled the beans to Christen, revealing that Nick and Liz had slept together after Jade and Tanner’s wedding.  SHOCKER.  Christen was sworn to secrecy, but we all know that secrets don’t stay secret on this show.  

After visiting the Museum of Broken Relationships on the next group date, all of the girls were tasked with breaking up with Nick in front of a live audience.  While most of the girls were pretty funny (Josephine slapped Nick right across the face), Liz was the most cringe-worthy as she told how she met Nick to the entire audience, including the other girls on the date, and I think Christen’s face tells it all: 

Nick was incredibly uncomfortable and knew something had to be done about the Liz situation.  After talking to most of the girls on the group date, Nick sits down with Christen who spills her guts to Nick about how she knows everything that happened with Liz.  Realizing that this could get out of hand quickly, Nick and Liz talk, she confuses him more, and he decides he must send her home.  After walking her out, he goes to tell all of the other girls on the date what happened and why Liz had to go home.  Then, instead of seeing the girls’ reactions, we get TO BE CONTINUED on the screen and the episode is over.  

While we don’t know what is going to happen when the rest of the house finds out what went down with Liz or who gets that group date rose, there is sure to be lots of tears next week.  We will have to wait for a rose ceremony, but I’m sure it will be worth it.

Ultimately, Nick was pretty boring this week.  My sister commented that he seemed overwhelmed, and I’m hoping that’s the case.  Otherwise, we are in for a long season of watching Nick and Corinne just go at it week after week.  All I can say is I’m glad I’m not living in that mansion this season.  Until next time Bachelor nation, I hope your life is filled with much less drama and lots more pizza!  Happy Tuesday! 

Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.