Met Gala 2017: The Good, The Bad, and The WHAT?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Met Gala 2017 is here! And while the theme was supposed to be Commes Des Carcons, many celebrities took it upon themselves to show up in whatever the hey they wanted. So here’s my ranking of The Good, The Bad, and the WHAT?!

THE GOOD:

Selena Gomez

Selena stunned with The Weeknd on her arm. Obviously topping The Good list despite her seeming lack of acknowledgement of the events theme.

(Photo courtesy of E! Online)

Zendaya Wow.  Just WOW.  

(Photo courtesy of Popsugar)

Karlie Kloss

Is she an angel or a business woman? Either way, she slays us all.

(Photo courtesy of Popsugar)

THE BAD:

Katy Perry No. Just No.

(Photo courtesy of W Magazine)

Solange

Maybe she should take a page out of big sis Bey’s book of fashion advice and leave the parka at home.

(Photo courtesy of Popsugar)

THE WHAT?!

Rihanna She followed the theme to a T but I still feel out of the loop as to how this makes you feel sexy to wear.

(Photo courtesy of E! Online)

Pharell’s Wife Is she a couch cushion, a sumo wrestler, or a Teletubbie? The world may never know.

(Photo Courtesy of Popsugar)

Anna Wintour I’m just gonna leave this here….

(Top photo courtesy of Popsugar;  bottom photo courtesy of The Odyssey Online)

What did you all think about the Met Gala outfits? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

Her Campus - Gonzaga Writer and PR/Events Coordinator. Full time baking enthusiast, donut connoisseur, and proud member of Taylor Swift's Regime since 2006. Actress. Dancer. Singer/Songwriter.