Meet Our Team: Maddy Laval

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

My first impression of Maddy: bada**, loving, generous, funny, and thoughtful.

Maddy is a sophomore at Gonzaga from Fresno, California. She is a Communications Studies major with a minor in Leadership Studies through CLP.  She loves serving others and reading classical authors. Her most current read, Walden by Henry David Thoreau, has allowed Maddy to reflect on her own life.

Something interesting about Maddy is that she never thought about college before coming to Gonzaga. Growing up, she was under the impression that she wasn’t going to college in the future, thinking she was just going to go straight into the work force and work her way up, being the charismatic, independent woman she is. She ended up at GU and absolutely loves it. The thing she loves about Gonzaga is people are so different, yet the community has similar experiences which allows for unity within a diverse student body.

Maddy values the relationships in her life that are based off of trust and authenticity. One of these relationships is with her brother, who currently lives in Columbia.  She strives to be able to adventure like him in the future. She dreams of living in Cape Town, South Africa for some part of her life.  She says, “Cape Town is a city with a ton of potential to do good, given its location.” She loves serving people around her. Her plan is to travel to Zambia in a couple summers to serve others and develop herself more as a person.

Here are some Fun Facts about Maddy:

Song on Repeat: “Landslide” or “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac

Celebrity Crush: Chris Pine

Favorite Clothing Brand: Madewell

Starbucks Drink of Choice: Black Coffee (Darkest roast possible)

Favorite thing to do Off-Campus: Scooter or skateboard along the river

Perfect Pizza: Pepperoni and Pineapple Pizza

Binge-Watch Show: Any trashy reality TV show, preferably Real Housewives

Least favorite thing about GU: the weather

Two Truths & a Lie: I can ride a unicycle. I know Beans from Even Stevens. I am related to Fergie.

Hobbies: Photography, creating podcasts, golfing

Next time you see Maddy on campus, ask her about her favorite author or chat about the latest episode of [insert reality show here]!

—-

Answer to Two Truths & a Lie: Maddy is not related to Fergie (but claims that their bloodlines almost cross)