Meet Our Team: Annie Ng

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Annie is effortlessly one of the most authentic people I have ever met.

From the moment we started talking I could tell she holds nothing back and genuinely aspires to do good. A couple of Annie’s many hobbies are service trips and volunteering. These passions are embodied in her favorite quote—“veni, vidi, amavi”—which means “I came, I saw, I loved”. She also has a fascination with traveling and hopes to backpack through all of Southeast Asia.

Her uniquely positive outlook on life can be encapsulated by her favorite book— Love Does by Bob Goff. This book is full of anecdotes and lessons on relationships and spirituality—two things Annie values immensely.

As a freshman Communication Studies major, she has truly found her spot her at Gonzaga. Her favorite thing about GU is the mix between community and location. The community provides her with a unique authenticity that is hard to find and deep-rooted relationships with other students. As a Southern California native, the location of eastern Washington allows her to engage in her hobbies of photography, drawing, rock climbing, and hiking because it is surrounded by nature and centrally located around cool places in every direction. The drier weather also allows her to get outside and embrace the seclusion of nature.

More Fun Facts about Annie:

Favorite Song(s): “Paint or Pollen” and “Three Rounds and a Sound” by Blind Pilot (Check them out!)

Celebrity Crush: Canadian Snowboarder Mark McMorris

Favorite Clothing Brands: Free People and Anthropologie

Starbucks Drink of Choice: A classic Iced Vanilla Coffee

Favorite thing to do Off-Campus: Rock Climbing or Hiking

Perfect Pizza: Meat Lovers Pineapple Pizza

Binge-Watch Show: Gossip Girl

Two Truths & a Lie:

1. She is a vegetarian.

2. She swam with manta rays.

3. She has a tattoo.

Hobbies: Photography, Drawing, and Rock Climbing

Look out for Annie around campus and say hi the next time you see her!

Answer to Two Truths & a Lie: Annie is not a vegetarian!