Meet Karen Burrington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Karen Burrington is a freshman here at Gonzaga, and is hands down one of the kindest souls I have ever met. She also happens to be my roommate, so I get to see her beautiful face every day! Here are a couple of questions for you to get to know this 10/10 girl.

What is your favorite color? A mix between orange and pink.

Why did you choose to come to Gonzaga? Gonzaga has an incredible Education program [Karen is a Special Education major], and I fell in love with the school culture from the moment I stepped foot on campus.

Are you more of sunrise or sunset person? Definitely sunset – waking up before the sun rises is a no go for me.

What is a fun fact about yourself? In elementary school, I competed at the Washington State Chess Club Tournament five years in a row.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I would go to New Zealand because that’s where my sister is studying abroad, and I really want to go visit her and see her new life there.

What has been your best memory at Gonzaga so far? Impulse buying 2 massive rolls of bubble wrap on Amazon and using it to cover everything in my friend Tom Hoag’s room (see picture below). He didn’t know it was us that pranked him for months- s/o to my girls Emilya, Maddie, and Nicole for being the dream team and making it happen. 

Who is the biggest influence on your life? As cheesy as it sounds, my mom.

What’s the best part about living with Nicole? Hmm, really the only thing I like about her is that she listens to the same whiny boy bands that I do. Other than that, she is thoroughly mediocre ;) 

Next time you see Karen around GU, say her roommate told you to say “Hi!”