Make the Most of a Three-Day Weekend in Spokane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

President’s Day is this weekend Zags! That means we made it to another three day weekend! For anyone staying in Spokane for the weekend, let’s find something fun for you to do on your day off!

If you’re a skier or snowboarder, Mt. Spokane is a great place to spend your day off. A lift ticket is about $60 for a whole day pass and $45 for a night pass (3:30-9:30 pm). This is a great way to get off campus and feel like you’re in a completely different place, while not traveling far at all. Grab your friends and go do something you already love or try something new. No matter your ability, you will have fun! 

photo

Did you know that there are some great movie theaters here in Spokane? Not including our awesome GU Hemmingson auditorium, there’s a couple of theaters right downtown (Perfect distance for an Uber, or a BRISK walk). Check out the AMC theater in the River Park Square mall, or the Magic Lantern Theater on Main, a smaller theater that shows indie films and documentaries as well as recent releases! The last couple of months have brought us some great movies.  One that I personally can’t wait to see is 15:17 to Paris, and Black Panther premieres this weekend!  All of those would be a great day off activity with your friends.

photo

GU Outdoors is putting on a weekend trip! It is the Whitewater ski trip where you travel to Nelson, B.C. for three great days of snow! Tell your friends and go for the full weekend. A great experience and you will definitely meet some cool people. For more information make sure to check out their website!

photo

Let’s take advantage of this lovely day off and go do something cool and exciting! See you out there lovelies!