This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Although stressful, big-life decisions are simply part of college, I think it’s equally important to focus on the little things that bring us joy: one of those things being FALL.

Gonzaga is an especially beautiful campus in autumn. There are so many gorgeous leaves and COLORS and enviably thrifty sweaters.

So, I’ve decided to make a list of exciting, fall-related perks to summon the season, spark excitement for school, and hint at the sun gods to quit it with the 100 degree heat in Spokane.

1. Manito Park

About fifteen minutes from Gonzaga, there’s a ginormous park with trails and gardens called Manito Park.

Manito is a beautiful place to take photos or just unwind before major events (insert: finals and midterms). My friends and I visited the gardens about a week before finals, and we barely even talked to each other while we were there. We just wandered around like lost souls, stroked flower petals, and took photos in the succulent greenhouse.

Finals came and went, and when my friends and I returned to our normal human selves, we all agreed that we would visit Manito in the fall before our next round of finals.

2. Greenbluff Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkins, people carrying pumpkins, people dropping pumpkins (me), people sitting on pumpkins, taking photos of people sitting on pumpkins, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cupcakes, gift shop dedicated to pumpkins….

3. Listening to Christmas music is finally socially permissible!

Controversial, certainly, but I’ve been known to break out the Michael Bublé Christmas soundtrack in late September. Apologizing in advance to my roommate.

4. Pumpkin Spice flavored everything

I love Pumpkin Spice, and I love cereal, so naturally, my mom sent me all of the pumpkin spice-flavored cereal she could find in my first care package last fall.

Thankfully, the fun doesn’t stop at cereal: be on the look-out for Starbucks PSL’s and Einstein’s pumpkin shmear!

5. Getting to see family in October.

Gonzaga’s newly-named Zag Fam Weekend (formerly Fall Family Weekend) is a time to see loved ones, catch up on one another’s lives, and eat at restaurants other than the Cog and Bulldog Bucks locations.

6. Thanksgiving.

I spend Thanksgiving with my immediate family, which is honestly so nice. No need to dress up and have awkward conversations about politics – we just wear our pajamas all day, play soccer on our front lawn, and watch movies after dinner with pie in tow. It doesn’t get much better than that.

In addition to family Thanksgiving, there’s the additional benefit of “Friends-giving” with school and work friends!

For me, making these “lists of gratitude” is a great way to get excited for school, slowly shift from summer to fall, and begin this school year with gratitude, joy, and motivation.

Adios, summer 2017 – and hello, Spanish 201.