This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

I was recently scrolling through my Facebook News Feed when I came across a link a friend of mine had shared. It was a video, titled, “How Do Homeless Women Cope With Their Periods?” by Bustle as a part of their NSF Women series. This video, while only six minutes long, hit close to home. Multiple women within the video share their testimonies of having to spend all of the money they have on pads and tampons. Often times, this requires them choosing sanitary products over food. This video clearly states the impact feminine products have on women’s dignity. And it’s something that we take advantage of every day.

I would strongly recommend viewing this video if you have six minutes out of your day. I believe that it’s up to us to make a difference and help restore the confidence of women impacted with this monthly struggle. Sometimes I think that we overlook this issue and never truly think about the impact that this would have on the quality of our lives if we were in the situation. And it’s really easy, in fact, to make a difference because CCASL’s Homeless Outreach Team is sponsoring women in our community this month.

I received an email and wanted to share the information with all HerCampus Gonzaga readers who feel like they too can make a difference. From 11-2 on February 8th-10th, you can pick up a tag in Hemmingson. CCASL will be collecting bras, underwear, feminine hygiene products, and toiletries. All items will be due by 12 PM on Monday, February 13th.

This is a cause that I’m really passionate about and hope you are able to help restore the dignity of the women of Spokane!

And here’s the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABch4VYOJZ0&feature=youtu.be

lover of peonies, john f. kennedy, & hip hop music