This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Fall Family Weekend is right around the corner, and I am sure you are looking for fun things to do with your folks while they are in Spokane! If you do not want to get caught in the hustle and bustle that is Green Bluff, here are a few hidden gems to start you on your journey to having Spo-much-fun!

Feeling outdoorsy? Enjoy hiking with the fam on the part of the Centennial Trail, at Bowl and Pitcher, or a little closer to Zagtown, the Riverfront Park River Walk. Each of these trails have fantastic views of the Spokane River, and are easily accessible from Gonzaga’s campus! 

If you are looking for a place for brunch that is not as packed as Chaps, but still satisfies your craving for brunch? Try Clark’s Fork, Forza Coffee Company, or the Davenport Tower’s Safari Room. Clark’s Fork and Forza are both located on Hamilton, so you and your family can walk from campus to enjoy a cup of joe and whatever brunch food your heart desires. The Safari Room can be found in downtown Spokane on S Post St., and has the best bacon in town!

Still have some back-to-school shopping items you need to check off your list? Or perhaps you need to update your fall wardrobe. Have no fear, the Spokane Valley Mall is only a 20-minute drive away! While the Riverfront Park Mall has amazing stores like Nordstrom, Sephora, and Francesca’s, there are many more options at the Spokane Valley Mall. Check out hidden gems like Hope Ave, or more mainstreams stores like Forever 21 and American Eagle for back to school deals. 

Riverfront Park in and of itself is a core part of the city of Spokane. Aside from being rich with historical monuments and artifacts, Riverfront Park is where various major events are held such as Pig Out in the Park or Lantern Fest. Whether you decide to skate on the Skate Ribbon, or ride on the Looff Carousel, the park is full of family-friendly activities and opportunities for memory-making.

No matter what you choose to do with your family this Fall Family Weekend, be sure to cherish and enjoy every minute you spend with them!