“Fall” in Love with Spokane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

When the wind starts to blow, and the clouds begin to roll in, it becomes a little more difficult to come up with fun things to do outside of your room. Rather than sitting wrapped in blankets and watching Netflix every day, which is still great, there are always fun activities that you can find to do with all of your friends! Especially this time of the fall when all of the leaves are turning and the weather has not turned completely yet, Spokane has some pretty amazing options for fun activities.

1. Green Bluff is a great place to go for fun and for the changing colors of autumn! Different family farms and multiple activities make for a great day outside. Pumpkin picking, apple picking, corn mazes, and great food make the beautiful scenery even better.

2. If you are looking for more fall colors, the Centennial Trail is a 37-mile trail that runs right alongside Gonzaga and through Riverside Park. Lined with trees, this is a great option for a free activity spent looking at the beauty that is fall, whether you’re walking, running, or riding a bike!

3. Farmers markets are always a good place to enjoy friends and shop locally. The Thursday Market in Perry District has been voted the best market in Spokane for 5 years! Running from May through October, it is a great place to spend both warm days and cold ones.

4. Spokane is filled with cute coffee shops that line the streets of downtown. Coffee shops are a great place to get a warm drink, chat with friends, and study for all those classes you have. Atticus Coffee and Gifts is a popular place to go, being only a short walk from campus. But, downtown is filled with many other places as well.

5. Cliff Park look out is a great place to go and see an amazing view of Spokane. It was used by the Spokane Tribe as a lookout, and on a clear day you can see as far as Mount Spokane as well as the Little Spokane River.

These ideas are just the beginning. There are so many more options that Spokane has to offer when it comes to fall activities. Go, explore Spokane, and see what you fall in love with. Happy Fall!