Calling All Spokanite Coffee Lovers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

What if I told you that there was more to life as a coffee drinker in Spokane than just Atticus and Starbucks? Crazy right?! If you love coffee as much as I do, you know that it can be difficult to deviate from both your usual coffee shop of choice as well as your usual drink order. BUT recently I have had the ability to get off campus and explore more. The result – I found there are so many hidden gems in Spokane! Especially in terms of coffee shops. So if you are able to get off campus, I highly encourage you to take a break from your usual coffee spot and take a (short) trip to some of these cute locations. 

Indaba Coffee

Located only a few doors down from Atticus in downtown, this is a great place to grab some espresso and a locally baked pastry. They even have live music on the weekends! 

1425 W Broadway Avenue

Rockwood Bakery

This is my new favorite coffee spot! Located in a cute neighborhood on The South Hill, Rockwood has a generous assortment of pastries, sandwiches, quiches and desserts which pair perfectly with any coffee drink. Complete with comfy couches and chairs, large wooden tables and patio seating outside, I love the homey feel this bakery/coffee shop has to offer. It is also a great place to study when you are looking to get off campus. 

315 E 18th Avenue 

Boots Bakery & Lounge

Although not as large as other coffee shops in town, Boots offers a unique atmosphere where you can have espresso by day and cocktails by night. Like other bakeries, they have both pastries and a light food selection. They even cater to vegans! 

24 W Main Avenue

Chaps Coffee Co

I think we can all admit that everyone and their mother goes to Chaps, but you can’t deny that they have amazing pastries, food and coffee. I personally cannot give them a bad review (except maybe the long lines). Word of advice if you have not been to this Spokane staple – clear your schedule on the weekends! If you intend to eat in, you can’t get in and out of Chaps in less than an hour from my experience. Lovely decor though!

4237 Cheney Spokane Road

Rocket Bakery

Residing in a charming old brick building downtown, Rocket Bakery has been operating since 1992. They serve baked goods made from scratch, coffee and specialty drinks. They even have a large tea selection. 

1325 W 1st Avenue

Coeur Coffeehouse

Coeur is a contemporary coffee house serving house-roasted brews, cookies, pastries and other light eats.

701 N Monroe Street

Brews Brothers Downtown

This neighborhood coffeehouse offers locally roasted brews and pastries, plus wine and beer.

734 W Sprague Avenue 

So…..get out and explore, lovers of coffee!!

*Please note that I have not personally been to all of these coffee shops (but I hope to). However, all have recieved great reviews online! Leave comments below if you love any of these, or have other great places collegiettes have to try in Spokane. 

Kristen Jost

Gonzaga '19

Kristen is a senior at Gonzaga University studying a communication and promotion. She is a social media coordinator for her chapter as well as an executive board member and founding member. After college, she hopes to travel before settling down to work for a marketing firm that specializes in sports and higher education branding. Her hobbies include: watching sporting events, wandering around book stores, drinking too much coffee, discovering new places, and staying active outdoors.