element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Blind dates can be intimidating, and kind of a scary prospect. Surprisingly, I have managed to find some luck with them, as my last two relationships have started with a blind date! Here are 8 tips on how to succeed on a blind date.

1. Find a friend (or friends) you trust.

Find someone you know who you trust. They should know a good amount about you, and you should feel comfortable enough to share things with them that they would need to know to find you someone to go out with. They don’t have to know you perfectly!

2. Let them decide who to set you up with.

Yes, you can ask some questions like what they are studying and where are they from, but you could also just let your friend set you up completely blindly. This allows for a more interesting date for you, no matter how it goes.

3. Don’t be overly picky.

Here’s the great thing about blind dates: they don’t have to be perfect, and actually it’s more fun if they aren’t. It gives you more experience dating, and there is a better chance you get along with the person you are set up with.

4. Try to let your friend set up the day and time.

If that doesn’t work though, it is acceptable to get their number and schedule it together. But try to save a lot of the talking for when you actually meet them! You don’t want to feel like you ran out of things to talk about when you get to the date!

5. Pick an appropriate activity.

Find something where either party could pay for themselves, so there isn’t the stress of having to pay for someone else! Also, social activities are always a great option, such as bowling or getting coffee!

6. Don’t overdress, but also don’t underdress.

Figure out what you are doing on your date and dress appropriately for the activity. You want to look nice, but you also want to make sure you aren’t overdressed for the activity you end up doing!

7. Embrace the awkward.

I’m not gonna lie, blind dates are really awkward! So, make sure to acknowledge that to yourself beforehand and just go with the awkwardness on the date. I wouldn’t say seek it out, but remember, they are likely just as nervous as you are.

8. Have fun!

You are on a date with a stranger, but you are there to meet them and get to know them!  Acknowledge that and try to find some fun in it. You want this to be a good experience, so do everything you can to make it as positive as possible!

Not every blind date will go well, but having a positive attitude and being yourself means you are bound to have some fun and hopefully feel like the date was a success!