This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

As most people know, Black Friday is November 24, the day after Thanksgiving! This day is traditionally the busiest and craziest shopping day of the year because it is the start to the new holiday season. 30% of annual sales are said to occur between Black Friday and Christmas and this makes great business for the stores that advertise well and get the word out about their sales!

Some of the stores that have wonderful advertising for their Black Friday sales this year are as follows…

Apple Store                                                   Old Navy

Best Buy                                                       Pacsun

Dicks Sporting Goods                                   Patagonia

Game Stop                                                   REI

Kohl’s                                                            Shopko

Macy’s                                                          Target

Nordstrom                                                    Ulta Beauty

Amazon                                                        Victoria’s Secret

Walmart                                                      

Black Friday is a great day to start getting Christmas gifts that are on sale for friends and family! Additionally, many employers give their employees the day off as part of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Therefore, the workers that work on Black Friday get paid extra!

Black Friday shopping hours are usually crazy because some stores open Thanksgiving night, but some doors don’t open until early Friday morning! It depends on the store, but if you need to know when to get in line for your favorite store to get the best deals, the store’s website (via Google, of course) will have special hours posted. 

If you are not a fan of going out and shopping, there is also Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, and there are some pretty great sales online when visiting some websites – hello, Amazon! Since some people can’t get to the stores in person and claim their spot, you have to order what you want quickly because items go fast!

Enjoy the shopping, but don’t forget to have a gratitude-filled Thanksgiving as well!