6 Relationship Goals, as Told by Leslie, Ben, Michael, and Holly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Everyone’s favorite TV couples, Michael Scott and Holly Flax (The Office), and Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt (Parks and Recreation), are what we today could call #relationshipgoals. Whether you dream of a funny, spontaneous significant other (aka Michael), or want someone who’s rampant enthusiasm never ends (a la Leslie Knope), there’s something in each character that can appeal to everybody. Here’s how these two couples exemplify the best qualities in any relationship.

1. They know how to be goofy

Yes, Michael and Holly made everyone uncomfortable thoughout their in-office relationship, but they had fun doing it and it’s easy to see they’re crazy about eachother

2. They support eachother

and on a more serious note…

Build up your SO’s confidence with some loving words!

3. They can find romance in everyday places

Like when Michael proposed by candelight in a paper supply office and the sprinkler system went off but it was still TOTALLY ROMANTIC.

3. They appreciate eachother’s best qualities

Leslie knows.

4. Distance makes their hearts grow fonder

When Michael is forced to break up with Holly, the pain sucks, but he realizes he needs her in his life. 

5. They know how to spoil the other person

Food forever.

6. They know the true meaning of love

Holly is a lucky lady.

Natalie is a co-campus correspondent at Gonzaga University. She is currently a sophomore studying public relations with a minor in writing. Her ultimate life goal is to write and publish a best seller. Aside from the runnings of Her Campus Gonzaga, Natalie enjoys reading, shopping, Netflix, volunteering, and hanging out with her friends.