20 Questions I had While Watching Zayn and Taylor’s New Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

50 Shades of What?

Don’t get me wrong, you can ask anyone who knows me and they’ll tell you I’m the biggest Swiftie in all the land, it even says so in my bio.  HOWEVER, after watching “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” (a track from the upcoming Fifty Shades Darker film) upon its release 32 minutes ago, I have some pressing questions for Ms. Swift and the One Direction Benedict Arnold.

1. Why is it raining??? Yes it’s dramatic but, like why?

2. Why can’t Zayn carry his own umbrella?

3. Where is he walking?

4. Did they not have a big enough budget to get real lighting for this video? Isn’t the collective net worth of these two a lot?  I’m confused.

5. It’s been a whole minute and I’ve yet to see Tay, yo girl where you at?

6. Why are there only Christmas colors in this elevator? Is this because the song plays as elevator music in the film?

7. Okay great now we have Taylor on screen but is she in pain or is she just really feeling’ this Christmas elevator?  She does love Christmas.  Either way: send help.

8. Also Tay, WHERE ARE YOUR CLOTHES YOUNG LADY?

9. Wasn’t Zayn just walking there, why is she walking there too?

10. What’s with this weird bra and blazer that almost looks like a hoodie combo?

11. Why’d she gotta ruin that rose??

12. What is so important about that thing that Zayn is holding that we don’t even really get to see to get the significance of?

13. WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING?

14. Why are there so many strobe lights in this weird hotel bar situation?

15. Tay, girl, why is that bed making you do that weird snake dance?

16. OH come on why we gotta break the nice things?

17. Why can’t they see each other?

18. Why she so sad?

19. What’s with the glitter lips?

20. Did anything just happen at all?

Agree? Disagree? Watch for yourself and leave a comment with your thoughts. 

http://www.vevo.com/watch/USQ4E1702691?isrc=USQ4E1702691&share_location=ingestion

P.S. Tay, I still love you and all you do. You looked great even though I was thoroughly confused.

**Photos courtesy of VEVO

Her Campus - Gonzaga Writer and PR/Events Coordinator. Full time baking enthusiast, donut connoisseur, and proud member of Taylor Swift's Regime since 2006. Actress. Dancer. Singer/Songwriter. 
Macy Conant

Gonzaga '18

Student and Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Denver, Colorado. Major: Communications. Loves writing blogs posts, reading, spending time in little coffee shops, mentoring high school girls and wearing bright red lipstick.