10 Ways You Know You’re at GU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Welcome back to Zagland, the second happiest place on Earth (after Disney)! There many definitive ways to tell you’ve entered Zag-territory. Here are the highlights of the many Zagtastic things that happen at GU.

1. “Go Zags!” is a normal part of your vocabulary. In fact, you will find the cmomon phrase at the end of almost every email you receive from a professor or administrator.

2. The reason why you get out of bed so quickly on a Monday morning isn’t because you’re late for class, but rather to beat the rush for Grilled Cheese Monday’s at the COG.

3. We breed kindness. #zagshelpzags

4. You feel offended when you hear Gonzaga or Jesuit pronounced incorrectly.

5. Even the squirrels are friendly! And you can follow them on Instagram – @gusqquirrels.

6. Having school spirit is an understatement. You’ve waited in line for hours to sleep in a tent (in the snow), to then wait in another line for a few more hours, just to watch your Zags take home another W.

7. Thayne’s tweets are all you look forward to when you open up Twitter.

8. The majority of your closet consists of red and blue.

9. No matter how fit you are, the trek to the fourth floor of College Hall will always leave you breathless.

10. If you spot someone taller than six feet, chances are you’ll wonder if they’re a basketball player.

All of us here at Her Campus Gonzaga are so happy that y’all are back, truly making Gonzaga the amazing place that it is. GO ZAGS!