andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things That Happen When You See “That” Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

We all have those people we see everywhere on campus. No matter where we go, they always seem to be there. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a small campus or a large university, you always find yourself in the same area as this stranger. Here are some of thoughts that go through your head when dealing with what feels like a stalker-like stranger.

1. You feel like you’re being followed.

You walk out of accounting, they’re there! You decide you need some coffee, they’re in line behind you!

2. You never actually say hi, but make awkward eye contact EVERY single time.

3. You start to guess their life story and realize how similar your lives are since you basically have the same daily routine.

You even start imagining if this person is your soulmate and go as far as to plan your whole entire life together.

4.You decide to get food at the cafeteria and of course, they are there.

Can’t even catch a break eating your after dinner bowl of cereal!

5. You go to a party and see them across the room and feel like you should finally say hi, but obviously don’t because it’s awkard and you don’t ACTUALLY know them.

You end up just standing there talking to other people but also glance at them to see if they are looking at you too.

6.You sleep in on accident and decide to go to a different section, but upon walking in, see them sitting there.

Maybe I should ask if they understood problem 3? Nah…I should just switch my major

7. You finally get introduced awkwardly at a party and you both act like you don’t know each other even though you know their life schedule.

You end up saying:

While you stand there thinking:

8. The next day you see them in line getting their Americano with room (the usual order) and pretend you never met because you don’t know what to do or say.

9. You finally feel it’s time to tell your friends how creepy it is and they say they have a person like that for themselves, and you both begin recounting all the awkward moments.

10. You go on living your life just expecting to see them wherever you go… just hoping the awkardness will go away.

Because #awkward.

Natalie is a co-campus correspondent at Gonzaga University. She is currently a sophomore studying public relations with a minor in writing. Her ultimate life goal is to write and publish a best seller. Aside from the runnings of Her Campus Gonzaga, Natalie enjoys reading, shopping, Netflix, volunteering, and hanging out with her friends.