etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things to Do Over Easter Weekend in Spokane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

It feels like Spring Break was just yesterday (probably because it was), but college students are always ready for an academic break. Luckily, Easter is this weekend, and we get Friday and Monday off! Many of you might be heading home for the long weekend, but there are so many fun things to do to get out and explore Spokane. The weather’s getting nicer, and you won’t have to worry about class for four whole days! Check out these 10 awesome ideas!

Skiing in Spring

With spring skiing in full effect, this is the best time to hit the slopes on a sunny and warm day. Mt. Spokane offers a college student discount for a lift ticket and has some awesome skiing. It’s only an hour away, so it’s great for a day trip over Easter Weekend!

Catch a New Movie

With new releases coming out, the AMC River Park Square theater has weekly showings of all the new movies. This is a great opportunity to expand your movie collection and maybe even shop around in the mall!

Go on a Hike

Spokane has some of the most beautiful scenery and natural landscape I’ve ever seen! Bowl and Pitcher, in Riverside State Park, is only a ten-minute drive from campus and is a fairly easy hike. The river runs right through the trail which offers some breathtaking views and photo opportunities. 

Have a Game Night with Friends

Bring out the throwback games! Playing board games, such as Monopoly, Twister, or The Game of Life, is a sure way to get plenty of laughs and create new memories with your friends. Grab some friends or find someone on campus to enjoy these games with you.

Binge watch your favorite Netflix show

Everyone needs just a Netflix and Chill night, so why not do it over a long weekend with no stress! My go-to binge show is Friends, which is perfect since there are ten, long, wonderful seasons. Find your go-to show, grab some snacks and enjoy!

GU Outdoors Trip

GU Outdoors is offering some great opportunities to appreciate the outdoors and bond with fellow Zags over Easter Weekend! They are already pre-planned trips, so no need to stress over any planning with this option! You can check out the adventures on their website.

Go Bowling

Who doesn’t love bowling? Bowling is a sure way to provide some laughs and bring back funny childhood memories. North Bowl is only a fifteen-minute walk from campus and is an economical option for any college student who wants to have some fun!

Try a New Restaurant

Clark’s Fork is a great, close to campus option, for any student at Gonzaga. It has tasty options for brunch and takes Bulldog Bucks! My personal favorite is the Cinnamon Roll French Toast (so yummy!).

Go on a Bike Ride

The Centennial Trail is a beautiful way to see Spokane and a fun trail to bike on! You can take the trail either East toward Idaho or West toward downtown. If you don’t have a bike on campus, the trail is also great to walk/run on! If you do prefer to bike, Gonzaga Outdoors offers bike rentals for only $12/day.

Enjoy the Easter Weekend

Lastly, don’t forget what this special day and weekend is for! Whatever you are doing in Spokane, remember to spend quality time with friends and remember that for many, Easter is a time to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. No matter your faith, take some time to appreciate and reflect on the wonderful opportunities there are at GU and give thanks for them!