10 Signs You’re from the PNW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Being from the Pacific Northwest is a lifestyle. From rainboots to Birks, here are 10 sure signs you’re from the PNW.

1. You argue with your friends about whose home state has better-tasting water.

And every time you go out of state, you can definitely taste a difference in the water.

2. You probably own a pair of Birkenstocks… or you have in the past.

3. Every time the sun peaks through a little bit, you feel like you have to go do something outside.

“Are you sure you guys don’t want to sit outside and study… or just sit?”

4. People complain about how gray the sky is, but most of the time you don’t even notice it.

In fact, you probably don’t notice the sky at all unless it’s blue.

5. You own a lot of sweaters and flannels.

6. …And a pair of rainboots.

7. Your friends like to hike.

8. Growing up, the rain never stopped you from playing outside or going to sports practices.

I can’t tell you how many times I came home from soccer practice feeling like I had taken a shower with my clothes on.

9. You own a lot of Nike gear.

It’s a PNW lifestyle.

10. Your mom sends you vitamin D pills and sunscreen because you haven’t seen the sun in months.

Student and Co-Correspondent at Gonzaga University from Portland, Oregon. Major: Public Relations. Minor: Promotions. Loves staying active, finding new music, volunteering with people with disabilities, and drinking vanilla lattes.