We’re a Fan of Delta Gamma!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Editor’s note: We’re trying something new at Gettysburg! We want to close the gap between Greek Life and the other clubs on campus, and so we’re taking the time to interview the sororities and fraternities on our campus to get to know more about them and to perhaps dispell some of the stigma around wearing the letters. So without further ado, meet our first sorority:

Organization: Delta Gamma Fraternity

Philanthropy: Service for Sight

Study Spot: You can find at least 15 of us on any given day of the week on the first floor of the library.

Favorite Colors: Pink, Blue, and Bronze.

Favorite Flower: Cream Colored Rose

Mascot: Hannah Doll

Photo by Author

If you could have a meal with anyone from history or present day, who would you eat with and why?

Our three founders so that we could meet the women who started the amazing organization we are a part of today. Additionally, we would be able to talk to them about their core reasons for starting our chapter and learn more about the Beta Lambda chapter at Gettysburg College specifically.

If you were a dog breed, what breed would you be and why?

A lab! Because we could become service dogs like the puppies we help raise money for at the Susquehanna Service Dogs.

What is your favorite thing about Gettysburg and why?

The Greek community! This community has been so welcoming to us and has also created a sense of family on campus.

I am currently a senior at Gettysburg College!  I am an English major with a Wrting concentration and Women Gender Studies minor.