This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Whether you’re on or off-campus, this semester hasn’t been fantastic. Even though I’m on campus, most of my classes are online. It’s isolating sitting at the same boring desk every day to do work. With fall upon us and retail therapy always being an option, I think it’s time to break open our piggy banks for some fall decor. Personally, having decorations always makes me more motivated to get my work done. And it makes me smile! Consider buying some of these the next time you go shopping!

Garlands

Get this cute fall garland to drape around your study space and bring the fall atmosphere right to you! If you’re off-campus, the leaves should definitely remind you of the fall Pennsylvania foliage. This will brighten up any space and can be placed above your window, bed, or anywhere else you see fit.

Wreaths

If you’re living in a dorm, this will set a tone for your room as you enter. Just like the garland, flowers are sure to remind you of fall and brighten up the hall and your day.

Fall Fairy Lights

There’s nothing like curling up in bed with a good book or Netflix movie. But the overbearing dorm lighting doesn’t create the right atmosphere. These pumpkin lights will light up the room cozy, making you feel like you’re straight out of your favorite Halloween movie.

Homesick’s Pennsylvania Candle

Off-campus and missing your second home? Homesick’s candles are right up your alley. The Pennsylvania scent will remind you of sweet, vanilla chocolate mixed with butter, rum, molasses, maple, and caramel. It’s definitely for someone who likes sweet scents. This candle will set the mood as you start working on that essay you’ve been procrastinating.

Pressed Leaves for Wall Art

Gather some friends (six feet apart of course) and go hunting for cool leaves. When you have as many as you like, you can press them and frame them for unique wall art! There are tons of tutorials to help you online. Not only will it take up the empty walls of your single-dorm (looking at you freshmen), but it’ll add a splash of color that will remind you of your friends.

A Cup of Pumpkin Spice Tea

This tea is my kryptonite come fall. I’m a sucker for Starbucks seasonal drinks, so Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my go-to when it gets to be this time of year. But if I’m not in a coffee mood, this tea is perfect if cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves sound as delicious to you as they do to me. It’s an excellent reward for a hard day’s work!

Cozy Blanket

A blanket is perfect for cuddling up in when it gets cold. It’ll also look great draped over your desk chair during the day, out on Stine Lake, or in your backyard for some outdoor studying. If you’re bored and talented, try you’re hand at knitting a blanket for yourself!

And with that, your room is now ready for fall and (hopefully) some work.

Sophia Kenny

Gettysburg '24

Sophia Kenny is the President of Her Campus Gettysburg and former Vice President of Social Media. She covers many aspects of culture and college life, such as things to do around campus and ways to get acclimated. Sophia is a Senior at Gettysburg College and an English and Business, Organization, and Management double major on the Dean's List. She is currently an Undergraduate Fellow of the Eisenhower Institute, serves as Sooth's Gen Z Audience Council Chair, and is pursuing her English Honors Thesis. Sophia's work has been published in the Gettysburg Connection and the Mercury. She has served as an intern for the Gettysburg Connection, Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger, First & First Consulting, and Sooth. In her free time, Sophia enjoys hanging out with friends and her cat, Star. You can find her procrastinating in the library, or listening to a podcast and painting her nails at home.