Wellness > Health

Undercover Colors Has Officially Launched

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Remember that nail polish idea that went viral a couple years ago? The one where the color changes depending if date rape drugs are in the liquid it touches?

Image Via: YouTube

Well, it might not be a polish anymore, but the product has finally launched in tiny puck form! You can put them on your phone case, key chain, or just keep them in your pocket!

Image Via: Undercover Colors

All you have to do for the test is rub a small amount of liquid on the test zone, wait for anywhere between thirty seconds and three minutes and then find out if your drink is drugged. It is designed to find the detect six of the most common date rape drugs, like roofies, Valium, and Xanax, in over a hundred types of liquid, provided they aren’t hot.

They are one use though, so be very sure you have enough if you decide to get them, and keep in mind that they have an active life of 90 days after you break the foil seal.

The only drawback is the price, which has a starter kit at a cool $34.99 and refills at $50 for ten. However, this product does have a 99.1% success rate, meaning that if it’s right, it’s right.

In any case, we’ll be keeping an eye on this company in the future and potentially picking up a kit or two!

You can check out their website here!

Image Via: Facebook

Rebekah Grimes

Gettysburg '20

Originally from Southern California, Rebekah is a senior History major and Classics minor (And former Co-Campus Correspondent) at Gettysburg College. She loves the theater, electroswing, unique teas, the Fallout franchise, red lipstick, DMing Dungeons and Dragons campaigns, experimenting in the kitchen, her partner, and is working on her first novel. She has interned at Gettysburg National Military Park and at the Seminary Ridge Museum as a Brian C. Pohanka Fellow. She is also a Ravenclaw! You can check out her chapter's profile on her here!