This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Here is a little list I compiled of some things to try when you have some spare time that I think are fun and worthwhile, especially heading into the nice spring weather. Boredom is easy to conquer; sometimes all you need are some ideas!

1. Go for a (battlefield) walk

Only in Gettysburg can you take a walk on battlefields as far as the eye can see, so take advantage! I love to take walks just to clear my head and enjoy nature, and this time of year is great weather for walks.

2. call a relative or friend you haven’t talked to in a while

It feels so nice to catch up with people you don’t talk to often, and a phone call can really make someone’s day. Even a text message can be nice too, just to check in!

3. discover some new music

Sometimes I like to explore Apple Music and see what artists and songs pop up that they think I will like. I especially think it’s fun to click on a random artist or album and give it a listen. Even if I don’t care for it, it is still neat to branch out and listen to new things!

4. try out photography

I always get into an amateur photography phase in the springtime because of all of the emerging flowers, but photography is so limitless and can allow you to be creative in any environment, even if it is as simple as taking a photo of a building or something on your phone. By extension, editing photos can also be fun!

5. play card games

Whether I am playing solitaire or a game with eight other people, I hardly ever find myself bored when playing cards. It is a fun and easy activity to facilitate, and it is easy to have a deck of cards on hand just in case the opportunity arises!

Ainsley Green

Gettysburg '27

Ainsley is a new member of the Gettysburg College Her Campus chapter, and is a staff writer. She hopes to write about lifestyle, college tips, music recommendations, and life at Gettysburg. Ainsley is a first-year at Gettysburg College and is currently an undeclared major. She has interest in an English with Writing Concentration or Psychology major, and also plans on pursuing a music minor in piano performance. She is a Lincoln Scholar, and has enjoyed getting involved in other clubs on campus, including publishing articles for "The Gettysburgian." In her free time, Ainsley loves to read, write, play piano, spend time with her family and friends, and be outside. She loves everything about music, a good conversation about a book or movie, and her two cats, Freya and Fen.