This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Picture this: you’re scrolling through your Instagram feed one morning when you see a new post from your favorite artist. To your horror, you see their tagged location to be Harrisburg, PA and thousands of fans cheering them on in the background.

You missed another concert.

Panicked, you punch in their name on Google to see if there’s another show nearby, but the ticket prices are too expensive now, or their next show is down south. I’ve been there too many times. There are so many artists that I would like to see live, but I never know when they’re playing near me (even with email notifications, I somehow miss the announcement of a tour).

To combat these catastrophes, I have compiled a list of nearby, once-in-a-lifetime shows that will make everyone on your Instagram jealous. If you don’t see your favorite artist here, let this be your sign to look them up to make sure that you don’t miss another tour.

Sza – sos tour

If you related to Kill Bill a bit too much, I think you need to see SZA live in Washington DC on February 27, 2023 in the Capital One Arena. I think you should also block your ex, but that’s not my business. Unfortunately, the tour hasn’t started yet so we don’t know what the set list is, but after the success of SOS, I predict that the set list will feature a lot of our favorites on that album.

You can buy tickets here, but keep in mind they are a bit expensive. I mean, it’s SZA, what did you expect? Right now, tickets range from $200 to almost $1,000, but if you’re a big SZA fan, you may be able to drop a paycheck or two (or more, let’s be real with this $7.25 minimum wage) to see her live.

Flipturn – SHadowglow tour

Okay, this is a personal favorite of mine, but I just had to include Flipturn in this list. If you haven’t heard of them before, I really think you should check them out (especially if you like indie rock). I have wanted to see Flipturn since 2019, but they’re one of those bands that I just keep missing. And unfortunately, I have to miss them again since I can’t make their Baltimore show on February 5, 2023 in the 8×10. Thus, I had to share the wealth and let you guys know about their tour so I can live through your Instagram feed.

You can buy tickets here for under $30, but buy them quickly! They are also playing in Harrisburg, PA and those tickets already sold out. For such a low price, I think seeing Flipturn is a no-brainer. Go live my dreams.

Crawlers – Party in the USA Tour

Known for “Come Over (Again)” which recently went viral on TikTok, this rock band has taken America by storm. While I haven’t actually sat down to listen to their music, I hear about them everywhere as their fame skyrockets. If you’re a fan of theirs, or you’re looking for something to do, I definitely think you should check them out in Washington DC on March 1, 2023 in Union Stage. Even if you don’t know their music well, they give off the vibe that they’d be so fun to watch and rock out to.

And with that said, tickets are only $20, and you can check them out here. For only $20, why not go? Especially if you know their music already, it seems like a no-brainer again.

Eagles – Hotel California 2023 Tour

Make your local frat bro jealous by showing up to class with an Eagles tee after this show. Honestly, seeing the Eagles is such an amazing opportunity, and I feel like you’ll remember the show for the rest of your life. So if you need a little pre-finals season motivation, you should definitely head to Baltimore, MD to see them on April 8 in CFG Bank Arena.

You can buy tickets here, which range from a little over $100 to $800. If you’re a big enough fan and haven’t seen them before, I feel like you’ll have no problem purchasing tickets. Even if you get nosebleed seats, seeing the Eagles for $100 sounds like a bargain in my opinion. Tickets are on pre-sale right now, and regular sale opens January 27, 2023, so make sure to get them while they’re hot!

If you end up going to any of these shows, make sure to take a photo (or even a video) for us so we can live through you!

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Instagram

TikTok

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

Sophia Kenny

Gettysburg '24

Sophia Kenny is the President of Her Campus Gettysburg and former Vice President of Social Media. She covers many aspects of culture and college life, such as things to do around campus and ways to get acclimated. Sophia is a Senior at Gettysburg College and an English and Business, Organization, and Management double major on the Dean's List. She is currently an Undergraduate Fellow of the Eisenhower Institute, serves as Sooth's Gen Z Audience Council Chair, and is pursuing her English Honors Thesis. Sophia's work has been published in the Gettysburg Connection and the Mercury. She has served as an intern for the Gettysburg Connection, Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger, First & First Consulting, and Sooth. In her free time, Sophia enjoys hanging out with friends and her cat, Star. You can find her procrastinating in the library, or listening to a podcast and painting her nails at home.