Style > Beauty

Skimtimate’s 2 in 1 Shave Cream and Skin Conditioner Review

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

When I found out I would be reviewing this product, I was genuinely looking forward to trying it out. I have been a fan of the Skintimate brand of shaving cream since around 7th grade but wasn’t familiar with this specific variety. 

This product is advertised as a shaving cream that softens and moisturizes your skin for up to 24 hours, so I wanted to see how that promise held up in practice. 

The first thing I noticed when I put the product in my hands was a very palpable coconut scent, which isn’t surprising given that the container was labeled Coconut Silk. As someone who likes the smell of coconuts, I viewed this is a positive quality since it made me think of the beach. However, if you’re not a fan of this scent, I would suggest another shaving cream (maybe even one of Skintimate’s unscented products), since this could be a somewhat overpowering smell for people who don’t like it. 

The shaving cream itself came out of the container as a non-foaming light pink paste that provided great coverage of my skin, even though I only used a small amount.

Image via author

It protected my legs from the razor well, so I didn’t have to worry about any bumps, cuts, or scratches from shaving. As someone with sensitive skin, I was also impressed that this product didn’t cause any itching or discomfort, especially since scented shaving creams often irritate my legs. 

As for its merit as a moisturizer, I noticed that my legs came out noticeably softer and smoother after using this product. It wasn’t as dramatic of an effect as I had hoped for, but it still did the job better than many of the other shaving creams I have tried in the past.

All in all, I think this product lived up to its advertisement. I plan to use it again and maybe even buy more than the amount contained in the sample I got the chance to try out. 

Sarah Kirkpatrick

Gettysburg '20

Sarah is a senior Psychology major with a History and Business minor from Wayne, PA. She loves reading, nature, music, movies, and dogs. She is the vice president of her college's chapter of Psi Chi (a national Psychology Honor Society) as well as a member of the marching band.