This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

We have all been there.  We have meetings, classes, and so much work it is ridiculous, but somehow between all of that we have to make time to cook.  Here are some quick and easy recipes for those days that you can’t pretend you work for the Food Network:

1.  Stir Fry

What’s great about this meal is that it can be made vegetarian or with meat.  

Image via:  Giphy

Ingredients:

• Chicken (optional)

• Veggies (I use broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and peppers)

• Rice Noodles

• Soy Sauce

• Garlic

Cook the chicken in a pan with a bit of oil and some garlic.  When it is almost cooked completely, add in a bit of soy sauce.  Take it out of the pan and put the vegetables in.  At the same time boil the rice noodles.  When vegetables are soft, add in the noodles, chicken, some more soy sauce and stir until coated and mixed thoroughly.

2.  Rice Bowls

Ingredients:

• Rice

• Meat of choice (can use vegetarian meat substitutes)

• Peppers

• Spices of choice (I use paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic)

Mix up the spices and cover the bite sized meat (I use chicken) in the spices.  Cook in some oil until fully cooked.  At the same time make rice.  When both are done, mix the rice, meat, and vegetables together.

3.  Meat Sauce

Image via: Giphy

Ingredients:

• Can pasta sauce

• Pasta

• Hamburger

• Garlic

• Italian Seasonings

• Onion

Cook up the hamburger with some onion, garlic, and italian seasonings.  At the same time cook pasta.  When the hamburger is cooked add in the pasta sauce and some additional seasonings.  Mix with cooked pasta.

These are just a few quick and easy recipes.  What do you make when you don’t have time to cook?

Be sure to check out our Cooking for Yourself series for more cooking advice! 

My name is Erica Boucher and I am part of Gettysburg College Class of 2019. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter (and am a total Ravenclaw). I'm the Profile Editor here at HerCampus Gettysburg along with a writer. I love the color blue, singing/dancing to music in my dorm room, and wearing funky socks.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.